Help Support Aussie Homebrewer by donating using the link above.

SmartPID

Discussion in 'AHB Sponsors Shop' started by megabyte, 24/9/16.

1. nosco

Posted 25/12/17
    The temp probe terminal has three inputs. Try leaving the one in the middle input and changing the wire on either side of it, if that makes sense. Assuming your probe only has 2 wires. Also make sure your probe setting is set to the right type of probe.

2. scooterism

Posted 25/12/17
    Im using the 18B something 3 wire ( sorry cant remember ). With that setting smartpid reads 'fails'. But with smartpid set to ntc it reads - 2.3.
    I've changed the wires around. I don't know what sort of numbers i should get with a multimeter, but the ohms change as I cross different wires.

3. arzaman

Home Page:
    Posted 25/12/17
    Hi
    can you tell me what type of probe are you using, how do you connect and how do you configure in the HW confguration and unit parameter ??

If you need further support suggest you to contact me via email or FB page chat... forum and this thread maybe is not the best way to troubleshoot your case and provide best real time support

merry xmas
    Davide

scooterism likes this.
  4. scooterism

Posted 25/12/17
    Will do.

5. scooterism

Posted 29/12/17
    Just to clear up the above discussion, I am having trouble getting my temp sensors to work with my smartPID.

As it turns out, after contacting the ebay seller from whom I purchased the sensors from, he informs me that he had been supplied the wrong kind of sensors and they are not compatible with SmartPID.

And just to add, I tried a NTC from a STC-1000 and SmartPID displayed an accurate temp.

Mardoo and nosco like this.
  6. andyt23

Posted 4/4/18
    Hi all,

Apologies for the noob question here. Does the PID part of this mean that if I'm using a 2400KW heating element to mash, it will control the power sent to the element, i.e. not run it at full heat but at a heat that is necessary to keep it at temp? If that is the case then why does the Grainfather have two elements?

Thanks

7. hairydog

electrical/instrument trades
    Posted 4/4/18
    Usually the PID controller will signal to a solid state relay which has the grunt to drive the amps to the element,some relays are on/off
    power to the element and some will vary the current,not sure about the 2 elements I think it might get a better even heat.

8. Yorg

Posted 13/4/18
    Ehm,
    I went to their website.
    Out of stock, not contact details. Feels like this has fallen over.
    Anyone know otherwise?

9. jimmyfozzers

Posted 15/4/18
    I've been in fairly regular contact with Davide over some issues I've been having. Last message was yesterday, so I'm pretty sure the project is still active. You can contact him at smartpid@arzaman.com.

10. jimmyfozzers

Posted 15/4/18
    On a related note, can anyone post their PID gains that they've had success with?

I find that even at the lowest I value of 0.01 I'm getting big overshoots due to integral windup. But without an I gain the controller never quite gets to the set point.

My workaround currently is to leave in PD mode with P at 55.0 and D at 4.0, and put the set point 0.1 C above where I want it.

11. andyt23

Posted 15/4/18
    I ordered one earlier this week, they must have just sold out quickly. Davide is very responsive through the Facebook page. He originally let me know when the next order came in.

12. Mardoo

Noob What Craps On A Bit

Posted 16/4/18
    Yep, they sell out as soon as they come in. Get on their FB page or keep an eye on their website.

13. andyt23

Posted 8/6/18
    Hi all, I've just got my smarted setup and monitoring from my smartphone, still can't control it from there though, could someone tell me which IP address I need to enter into the SP1 section on the wifi app, I think that's where I'm wrong.
    Also, is it possible to create a recipe on smartphone or computer and load to smartpid? or is that for the next version of firmware?