SmartPID

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The temp probe terminal has three inputs. Try leaving the one in the middle input and changing the wire on either side of it, if that makes sense. Assuming your probe only has 2 wires. Also make sure your probe setting is set to the right type of probe.

Im using the 18B something 3 wire ( sorry cant remember ). With that setting smartpid reads 'fails'. But with smartpid set to ntc it reads - 2.3.
I've changed the wires around. I don't know what sort of numbers i should get with a multimeter, but the ohms change as I cross different wires.

All wired up and running, mash temp probe is reading 4500 deg c for some strange reason..

Hi
can you tell me what type of probe are you using, how do you connect and how do you configure in the HW confguration and unit parameter ??

If you need further support suggest you to contact me via email or FB page chat... forum and this thread maybe is not the best way to troubleshoot your case and provide best real time support

merry xmas
Davide

Just to clear up the above discussion, I am having trouble getting my temp sensors to work with my smartPID.

As it turns out, after contacting the ebay seller from whom I purchased the sensors from, he informs me that he had been supplied the wrong kind of sensors and they are not compatible with SmartPID.

And just to add, I tried a NTC from a STC-1000 and SmartPID displayed an accurate temp.

Hi all,

Apologies for the noob question here. Does the PID part of this mean that if I'm using a 2400KW heating element to mash, it will control the power sent to the element, i.e. not run it at full heat but at a heat that is necessary to keep it at temp? If that is the case then why does the Grainfather have two elements?

Thanks

Usually the PID controller will signal to a solid state relay which has the grunt to drive the amps to the element,some relays are on/off
power to the element and some will vary the current,not sure about the 2 elements I think it might get a better even heat.

Ehm,
I went to their website.
Out of stock, not contact details. Feels like this has fallen over.
Anyone know otherwise?

Ehm,
I went to their website.
Anyone know otherwise?
I've been in fairly regular contact with Davide over some issues I've been having. Last message was yesterday, so I'm pretty sure the project is still active. You can contact him at [email protected].

On a related note, can anyone post their PID gains that they've had success with?

I find that even at the lowest I value of 0.01 I'm getting big overshoots due to integral windup. But without an I gain the controller never quite gets to the set point.

My workaround currently is to leave in PD mode with P at 55.0 and D at 4.0, and put the set point 0.1 C above where I want it.

Ehm,
I went to their website.
Anyone know otherwise?

I ordered one earlier this week, they must have just sold out quickly. Davide is very responsive through the Facebook page. He originally let me know when the next order came in.

Hi all, I've just got my smarted setup and monitoring from my smartphone, still can't control it from there though, could someone tell me which IP address I need to enter into the SP1 section on the wifi app, I think that's where I'm wrong.
Also, is it possible to create a recipe on smartphone or computer and load to smartpid? or is that for the next version of firmware?

e5a0f2a1-3528-4d5c-a795-73ca5f00264f.png

Hi smarPID firends !

Long time since my last post but smartpid project continue to evolve and progress with new product and new features mainly coming from your suggestions !

Just a summary of most important news

SmartPID CUBE

After almost one year of design, development and tests I’m very proud to announce that the new SmartPID CUBE hardware is now available and you can select it on the online store.

46cd952b-f9b1-4fa6-9480-bad2c889c8e2.png

The smartPID cube is a complete re-engineering of the previous HW in a new form factor that is very fancy either to keep on a desktop or to wall mount (ie with a DIN rail support).

From SW and functional point of view is 100% smartPID so all current smart homebrewing and smart thermostat (BBQ will come later) applications runs seamlessly on the new HW.

Main difference are
+ bigger 1.5” OLED display
+ SD card adapter with process data logging
+ 12V external power supply (available optionally)

bottom line is a smartest PID ever that allow you to control everything anywhere

Smart Homebrewing new remote control architecture

Finally also the smart hombrewing app has been retrofitted and now can benefit of the powerful and flexible MQTT architecture.
I have already notified all the smartPID customer to perform the FW upgrade and to download the andorid smartphone app...please remember that the old solution (via thingspeak ) is not more supported

acf19ec8-d891-46f5-855c-8afebd2fc784.png

Notice that the new FW introduce lot of other features and enhancement including some robustness feature (process watchdog, auto resume after power down) so it’s strongly suggested to upgrade to last version available. All upgrade details and FW version are downloadable from the wiki section of web site.

Now all applications are aligned and have same remote control framework and consistent user experience but still some development are on going on the app side to perform

recipe management
brew day process visual status

few other requirements collected from your feedback will be implemented soon

Other work in progress..

working on a "web application” that can be used with any browser (including IOS environment) desktop and mobile. The first prototype is available and now testing

I also make a partnership with Brewfather web homebrewing too that is very powerful and flexible, SmartPID will be integrated soon and you can mange your recipe or fermentation monitor all in one place

9a5b64e1-1255-4587-8355-e02304903030.png

Last but not least I have opened a new proof of concept to integrate smartPID in the amazon echo and google home ecosystems. Smart speaker are the “cool” hi-tech gadget of the moment and vocal interface is really something that can help smartPID to work in an even more effective way.

Hope you appreciate the news and the effort I put in keep the project live and move forward !
stay tuned
Davide

Attachments

• Newsletter autumn edition.png
    Newsletter autumn edition.png
    90.5 KB · Views: 86

Latest posts

Back