SmartPID

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

megabyte

Reaction score
Finally, a hackable STC1000 with WiFi and a sweet OLED display to boot!

I'm creating this discussion thread so we can chat about this upcoming innovation (without flooding the Matho's controller thread) and perhaps have some input into its development. FTR I have no affiliation with the developer (arzaman).

SmartPID website is here.
SmartPID facebook is here.

I'll get the ball rolling, @arzaman, can you show us what the back of it looks like?

I hope it's a lot easier to program than the ******* PID I have and still haven't figured out how to set correctly.
If it is and affordable I'd be interested for sure. A home brewer can't have too many gadgets.
Keeping an eye on this one.

Hi
I would like to start an official thread on SmartPID but you anticipate me …no problem we can keep on this thread

Thank you for the definition of hackable STC1000 (indeed there is STC1000+ for that but smartPID is much much more…the only common things with STC1000 is the case size !
Have a review on the web site of features and functions section..and you understand what I mean

From controller perspective
  • dual idipendnet control channel
  • 3 operting mode (cool/heat/thermos static)
  • PID and ON/OFF alghotitm

From HW perspective
  • OLED1,3” graphic displat
  • USB for data logging, SW upgrade, etc..
  • WIFI module for remote management and data logging
  • 5 outputs (and 2 out 12V 1A for direct drive load like valve or pump)
  • Support of both NTC and DS18B20
  • 8Mbit EEPROM for data logging

On the user experience and programming
  • all can be done locally trough clear text menu etc
  • complete programmability via web or smartphone of process parameter or recipe management and import from common SW (under development)
  • complete data logging and process control from web and smartphoine
  • 100% arduino compatible for any hacking or vertical application development

Need more ?

stay tuned
Davide

Screenshot-1-e1474756635650.png

I agree, this is in a different league to the STC-1000+! Thanks for the picture, what are those 3 dark grey boxes on the back panel?

I love that you're adding in an ESP-01 module for WiFi. It's a very smart way to add value and in this application you won't need any emissions certifications so it makes a lot of sense.

Also kudos for springing for the 1.3" OLED display. It looks like a perfect fit and the charts look very nice on it.

You even managed to fit fuses in there, good work!

On web site you have a full comparison chart with STC1000, Sestos, Inkbird and there is no match at all

3 little gray boxes are 3 fuses for the 12V DC out

Oled very expensive component but provide big value in config and high visibility in any condition

ESP8266 is just thre bearer...just the conneciton...the added value is the web applicaiton for data log and analytics and the mobile app !

Davide

How much will one of these cost?
Do they come pre wired for Australia?

Thanks

costs is always the most common question...
review production costs and preparing a business model
In electronic production costs are really dependent by volume and scale factor...the more people like the project the more I'm confident to go for mass production

anyway price will be in line with target user..is a consumer product of hobbyist and passionate and even if has lot or PRO features will be accessible to all !

As minimum SmartPID has 2 channel so = 2 STC1000

How much you would like to pay for all this features including web portal for logging and recipe mangment or app to monitor remotely fermentation?

arzaman said:
As minimum SmartPID has 2 channel so = 2 STC1000

How much you would like to pay for all this features including web portal for logging and recipe mangment or app to monitor remotely fermentation?
Considering STC1000 are so cheap I wouldn't be comparing to their price, as even 2 of those is only like $30..

If it's pre wired ready for plug and play? 100 bucks, i have no idea.

Given the after market Grainfather controller is £109 in the UK. I'd imagine in the $250 mark.

Mattrox said:
Given the after market Grainfather controller is £109 in the UK. I'd imagine in the $250 mark.
Wait a minute. We're supposed to haggle.

Twenty shekels.

...and three Maidens of virtue true

Mardoo said:
Twenty shekels and a donkey.
Now, are you telling me that's not worth twenty shekels? Look at it. Feel the quality.

SBOB said:
Now, are you telling me that's not worth twenty shekels? Look at it. Feel the quality.
Never Mind the Quality, Feel the Width

It really depends on if the donkey has a nice ass.

But seriously i am having a fair bit of trouble with the sestos pids setup and was about to ditch it for the more reliable stc1000.

The solution here seems to be the bees knees so i will hold off buying anything else depending on price.

bradsbrew said:
If it's pre wired ready for plug and play? 100 bucks, i have no idea.
[SIZE=10.5pt]What do you mean with "prewired" ?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]SmartPID SPC1000 comes in a DIN box with terminal block on the rear panel. .than depending on your application and configuration you need to do wiring with your set up...and there are plenty of possibilities..[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Electric or ga[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Single or dual channel[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Mechanical relay or SSR[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]12V direct output (to drive a solenoid valve or a pump..)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Davide[/SIZE]

What regulatory standards / approvals are you planning on passing / obtaining?

FCC / CE / UL / AS/NZ?

Latest posts

Back