Show us your brewrig

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey all .. I thought it was about time I showed you all my rig ... and then my upgrade to a better version of 3 V ... although definitely a work in progress .. still much to do to it but am hoping to crack out ANZAC days beer int he upgraded version .. I am really looking forward to smashing out some big volume beers in the new set up and using the old system for trial batches ..

System 1 is a 20l Crown urn (HLT) , 55lt Coleman esky (Mashing Tun) and a 40l S/S stock pot with 2200w Keg king hotsticks.

System 2 will be a 70l (I think) HLT 1 x 2200w hotstick, 100l Tun Kegking False bottom with recirculating wort via March pump and copper coil in 10l stockpot) and a 100l Keggle with 2 x 2200w hotsticks, hopsock and a hybrid chiller housed in a 6 inch PVC pipe flowing straight into 1 of 3 60l fermenters.

Now I am not gloating but I am fortunate enough to have a cellar where I live which obviously is now empty after living in the house for 12 months :icon_drunk: (although I must say it is a sweet addition to the house - I don't know how I have lived without one before ;-) ) anyway so I am planning on using it to hold my full kegs which don't fit into my fridges ( 2 beer fridges and a fermenting fridge) ..

It is all electric as the area / brewery is a bit confined and I was concerned about the build up / possible build up of fumes .. I do have an exhaust system planned and have a second hand but new range hood extractor to install. The brewery will be plumbed with hot and cold water taps to reduce the need to walk back and forth to the laundry to get Hot or Cold water ..

I am pretty happy with the set up but will continue to add to it ... It certainly is the most addictive hobby I have ever had..

Cheers

Matt

looks good, 80 ltr batches coming up.

This is a pick of mine, nothing flash

IMG_0324.JPG

Here's a pic of my all electric 3V setup. I've made 4 batches with it so far. Very glad I've made the change.
Next project - a stand!

smlP1040214.jpg

Here's a pic of my all electric 3V setup. I've made 4 batches with it so far. Very glad I've made the change.
Next project - a stand!

View attachment 51797

Awesome man! Love the ghetto stylings with everything apart from the bling.....

Like your sight guage being held in place with the pot handle.
Love the fact your using a collection of milkcrates, bricks, wine barrell, barbecue and step stool as your brew stand.

Really love all the shiny shit. Puts my rig to shame. I do have a nice stand though....

So do you really need 3 vessels when doing decoctions ? I find it a lot easier using 2 which also saves cleaning and time.....

So do you really need 3 vessels when doing decoctions ? I find it a lot easier using 2 which also saves cleaning and time.....

wouldnt you need 4 vessels ?

hlt, mlt, kettle + the vessel you are boiling the decocted mash in

I just use my 19L Big W for decoctions. Just scoop out the required amount and throw it on the burner. As long as i keep stirring it's fine. So that means i have 4 vessels

I use and have always used the same vessel to boil decoctions, use as a HLT and kettle..

now that is a nice setup... using a corner configuration,...cuts down on space and stores out of the way ....cheers...spog......
Here's a couple of images of my rig halfway through it's rebuild. It was Alu pot on bench, esky on shelf under bench and alu pot on chair in a redneck gravity system setup but I've put a bit of thought into it and come up with a nice new rig. I worked out how to have a gravity system that fits in the shed, is low enough that I can see in the HTL and will pack away into a corner it needs be:

View attachment 52119

A 30x30x5SHS frame welded with the two lower stands bolted on. The vessels are painted in ceramic paint and hold the heat really well. The underside of the MLT is insulated also, even though heat rises I had some foam lying around...

The next step is to mount the motor for the mill on the legs of the bottom stand with a cut-out under the keggle so I can switch it out with the mill.

View attachment 52120

There's a pump ready to mount under the keggle also which will link to a HERMS unit and under my desk in the study is a box of wires and PCB thingys that in a few weeks will be The Herminator's Compbrewtor and will be mounted on a piano hinge under the MTL so I can set it running from the armchair! :kooi: It's all going to be automated.... a couple of solenoids are the last thing I need.

Leather armchair from Borders liquidation sale ;)

Hi guys

Well Ive been here for a year now and been drinking my way through most of the beers i can get my hands on and now its time to build some gear to make the stuff i miss from back home heres a couple of pics of where it starts will keep you up dated with progress as i go

cylinder.jpgcylinders2.jpg
the cylinders are of 3mm 316ss and total vol is 60 litres each ive got cones being sorted at the moment for the unitank fermenter and the bottom of the HLT and kettle once they arrive time to start welding oh yeah :super:

Hi guys

Well Ive been here for a year now and been drinking my way through most of the beers i can get my hands on and now its time to build some gear to make the stuff i miss from back home heres a couple of pics of where it starts will keep you up dated with progress as i go

View attachment 52142View attachment 52143
the cylinders are of 3mm 316ss and total vol is 60 litres each ive got cones being sorted at the moment for the unitank fermenter and the bottom of the HLT and kettle once they arrive time to start welding oh yeah :super:

Looks Awesome! That'll almost be worthy of a thread of its own!

Who rolled the cylinders / Rolling the conicals?

Looks good, i too am interested in who is rolling your cone and for how much?

Looks Awesome! That'll almost be worthy of a thread of its own!

Who rolled the cylinders / Rolling the conicals?

Ive been waiting for some decent off cuts to come up at work but theres been none yet so my brother says to me we have them all the time and asked what diameter i wanted and next thing there they are hes also got the stainless put aside for the cones an as hes a press operator hes gunna bump them up for me and seeing as how im a stainless fabricator the rest is pretty much under control ive also got a friend tho works for a company that supplies stainless fittings and hes liberated some bits and peices for me aswell.

That upgrade of yours looks the beez kneez Screwy. :beer:
Doing an upgrade to my humble brewery myself but nowhere near the scope of yours ATM.
Would appreciate your thoughts/ideas if you can find the time to call on your next trip down this way? Any info regarding wiring up a HLT float valve to an existing mashmaster HLT setup would be greatfully appreciated.
PM me at your peril. :D

TP

Back