Show us your brewrig

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. Trip to Bunnings looms. Think I'll triple up on them and try and make a little 'nest' for my 'phoenix' flamer with flashing of some kind as well.
Was worried for about 5 minutes there that I didn't have any faffing around with my brew gear to be doing! What was I thinking! So much to do!!! B)

If you like scavenging and don't want to spen the bucks on it, you might find some offcuts at double storey or pole homes being built. Would save you a few bucks.

Ohh and a tip for cutting it up. Don't worry about getting a hardiflex blade which cost around $75. Just use the oldest, crapest, bluntest big tooth blade you have in your shed. They do the job fine and you don't have to spend the big bucks for a few cuts.

just use a diamond blade on a grinder a 125mm grinder will cut threw 18mm fibercement. As said they use it alot in bathrooms now as chipboard tends to swell so they found out :rolleyes: You can get red tongue its for wet area but still chipboard and I wouldnt have it. I wouldnt use a old power saw blade on it as it will get very hot and spinning at 2500rpm if it lets go I wouldnt want to be within 100m of it.

Not much but here's what i've been using for a few decent brews

brewery.jpg

drawers aren't usually there

had them there at the time i could be bothered taking photo's

brewery1.jpg

brewery2.jpg

when i get back from the uk next month i'm going to start putting together a 2x pump single teir RIMS setup

May as well get my setup in here.
Currently doing 55L batches = 2x 19L Kegs, 1x 9L Keg for my pleb, rest is in bottles for a rainy day.

Grain Mill - set it up yesterday morning, finally went from drill to motor. Needs a box for the circuit.

IMG_9607sm.jpg

The triplets. 98 / 45 /45.

IMG_9468sm.jpg

Unfortunately its a gravity feed into the boiler until further notice... Sparging with the pump. Both the 'loose' hoses have been fixed up with proper camlocks.

IMG_9592sm.jpg

Control box, which will one day control another pump and a 2400 watt element for a Herms.

IMG_9593sm.jpg

Edit: There is a therminator floating around somewhere, which has the 3000L water tank running through it for a quick chill.

Cheers.

photo.JPG

After brewing for many years with a three tier larg urn and old keg gas/elctric system it was time to upgrade

steaming ply is a bad move as the glues fail and it falls apart trust me tryed once when building a boat not a good move

Some Low Quality (shitephone) shots of the new Rig.

Made it home today from the factory....just need to paint her, and decide on plumming.

The RIG
Brew_Rig.jpg

RIMS
RIMS2.jpg
RIMS.jpg

Kettle tilted
Kettle_Tilt.jpg

HLT
HLT.jpg

it's a bigun, the 50 ltr MLT seems tiny.

BIGUN is right....a little too big i reckon. It was a case of not going in one day and the engineer's got carried away.....

When do we christening her :)

Just waiting on teh pump...Only ordered it a few days ago, so will have to wait a few weeks...

In the meantime, will put togther the temp gauges, switches, and more importantly work out what colour to paint her....

After brewing for many years with a three tier larg urn and old keg gas/elctric system it was time to upgrade

Some Low Quality (shitephone) shots of the new Rig.

Made it home today from the factory....just need to paint her, and decide on plumming.

@BrewGuru, very nice mate B)

@shimple, nice work mate, it'll make excellent beer :)

Yard

000_0056_2_.JPG

000_0047_1_.JPG

Hey Guys

Thought Id drop a couple of pics of my BIAB Brew stand I have been building .

Not as blingy as some but im happy how its come up .

I have used basically all bits and peices that I had laying around . Except for the burner and reg .

Was thinking of making something to help with lifting the bag or even just to hold it .

Think I will be ready to bust my BIAB cherrry next Weekend cant wait .

Just goto get the bag sewn up, a first recipie and some Ingredients and look out .

Cheers Todd

very nice. mine is getting less ghetto at least my pots not sitting ontop of 3 pavers on a dodgy old bbq lol now got a new burner and stand sitting ontop of a dodge bbq lol

I have pretty much finished my brew stand.

From this:
nochill.jpg

To this:
brewframe2.jpg

The only things I have kept from the first picture are 'pretty much' the HLT, pump and italian spiral burner. I have made a new mashtun and bigger keggle.

mashtunmk2insulated.jpg

The bottom draining mash tun is insulated with 15mm thick, high density (perhaps nitrile) foil backed foam rubber. The lid is a disc of tin with locating lugs on the inside and insulation on the outside. The handle of the mash tun tap clears the frame easily (it just appears in this photo that it won't).

mashtunbottomdrainingpl.jpg

Here's the electric box under the HLT:
brewframewiring.jpg

The box has the lid underneath in an attempt to make it a bit more water tight.

The white cable is the temp probe for the temp controller.
The round 3 pin plug is the march pump operated by a toggle switch on the front of the panel with the temp controller face panel.
At the back is the power in - another of the same type as the element plug but the socket is fitted with a 10A fuse.

The frame was wire brushed and given several coats of 'killrust' type of paint then a couple of coats of red 'killrust' type of paint and the keggle end was sprayed with high temp silver paint as the final coats.

I have also fitted some sheets of tin around the base area of the burner for the keggle. These are to act as heat and wind shields.
The gas bottle sits in the frame under the HLT on the left.

Very nice mate.

Red ones go faster!

I presume the HLT element plug end is male with a female IEC housing in the black box? (not that I can talk re electrical safety!)

Very nice mate.

Red ones go faster!

I presume the HLT element plug end is male with a female IEC housing in the black box? (not that I can talk re electrical safety!)

Sorry Ravs haven't been back in here for a while. Yes the plug is male with a shroud around it that goes around the outside of the female (hermaphrodite) plug. The element had a two piece lecky cable, I just used the first half.

Latest posts

Back