Show us your brewrig

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok - so it's not too flash just yet, but I was like a kid on xmas eve as I waited impatiently for billygoat to help me out on this setup (bloody slave driver made me fall a tree for him and then forced me to drink all his beer)....

So after approx 70 AG stovetop brews (and some bloody nice beers in among that lot on the odd occasion), I have gone full volume, semi 3v (well it IS 3v but I haven't got off my arse to swap from 'mashing in a bag in an eski' to a copper manifold yet so I still have a lot of cloudiness into the kettle...).

Here are the new bits - 'nasa' burner and freshly converted all SS keggle (extra ss bling like pickup tube courtesy of bilygoat):
new_brewery_bits.jpeg

Here is the ghetto gravity 3v (HLT out of sight behind mash tun/eski):
Ghetto_3v.jpeg

LIFT OFF!
lift_off__.jpeg

Did a saison today (wy3711), going to do another one on Friday but through some miracle I hit most of my targets. Although I was previously doing full volume stovetop across two pots my evaporation rate has remained high (less surface area but a better boil) and my losses to hot break/hops are about the same (due to mashing technique I'm assuming - no vorlauf etc)...final brewery efficiency today was %67 (mash efficiency always much higher than this but... meh) according to beersmith so will adjust my recipe and beersmith settings accordingly and see how it goes. Cheers to billygoat, the B.A.R. and everyone on this site providing useful info and motivation!

Suppose it's finally time I post mine...

Brew_Rig.jpeg
The Brew Rig (L-R) 50L MLT, 95L HLT, (below) 14L HERMS Vessel, 60L Kettle.
Upgrades shortly are 60L kettle to become mash tun, new 95L kettle with 2 x stainless elements.

Bar_and_Keg_Freezer.jpeg
The Bar and Kegerator.

Ferm_fridges_and_Grain_Storage.jpeg
Other side of the brewery (L-R) Grain Storage Freezer (non-working), Grain Mill on stand (Monster 2-roller), 2x Fermenting Fridges.

Cheers!

Screwy are they the blichman disconnects on the ends of your hoses? If yes, how do you rate them ?

No mate, CB Stainless Snaplock.

Screwy

I have sames, like them alot. Although you need to wear a glove when disconnecting them when hot. No biggy. I have a glove that i cut the thumb and forefinger out. Discard the glove and keep the fingers. Easy peasy 2 finger operation and no burnt fingers.

I have sames, like them alot. Although you need to wear a glove when disconnecting them when hot. No biggy. I have a glove that i cut the thumb and forefinger out. Discard the glove and keep the fingers. Easy peasy 2 finger operation and no burnt fingers.
Prolly not aesthetically pleasing, however do the plastic camlok lever handles interchange with the stainless ones? If so, maybe that would solve one problem? Or is it handling the hot fitting (and hose perhaps) rather than the levers that causes the burning sensation?
Anyway, just a thought. :icon_cheers:

Although you need to wear a glove when disconnecting them when hot. No biggy. I have a glove that i cut the thumb and forefinger out. Discard the glove and keep the fingers. Easy peasy 2 finger operation and no burnt fingers.

harden up Argon :icon_cheers:

Prolly not aesthetically pleasing, however do the plastic camlok lever handles interchange with the stainless ones? If so, maybe that would solve one problem? Or is it handling the hot fitting (and hose perhaps) rather than the levers that causes the burning sensation?
Anyway, just a thought. :icon_cheers:

these are the fittings in question. Never used camlocks.
Female on hose
qdbarbfemale__38499_zoom.jpg

male on pot
ssmaleqd__89160_zoom.jpg

harden up Argon :icon_cheers:
But i'm a delicate office worker... plus i don't want to ruin my hand modelling career.

these are the fittings in question. Never used camlocks.
Female on hose
qdbarbfemale__38499_zoom.jpg

male on pot
ssmaleqd__89160_zoom.jpg

But i'm a delicate office worker... plus i don't want to ruin my hand modelling career.

Such a promising career it is too.
View attachment 52264
:ph34r:

The Wooly Shed...

gallery_21633_866_81050.jpg

Looks awesome rubix..

How do you brew on it? Is the pot you can sort of see below the Mash tun for recirculating? But to where?

Is it a full volume batch sparge system?

Please, talk us through a brew here mate....

Looks killer BTW!

Looks awesome rubix..

How do you brew on it? Is the pot you can sort of see below the Mash tun for recirculating? But to where?

Is it a full volume batch sparge system?

Please, talk us through a brew here mate....

Looks killer BTW!

Hey Cocko,

It's just a two vessel, gravity fed system. Bout as simple as they come mate. Just heat the strike water in the HLT / Boiler, mash in, wait, collect in the pot underneath while i heat the sparge water, batch sparge and commence the boil. Nothing fancy as i said mate, just a nice easy system.

Cheers

Back