Show us your brewrig

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Cocko,

It's just a two vessel, gravity fed system. Bout as simple as they come mate. Just heat the strike water in the HLT / Boiler, mash in, wait, collect in the pot underneath while i heat the sparge water, batch sparge and commence the boil. Nothing fancy as i said mate, just a nice easy system.

Cheers

Awesome, cheers, Love it!

Good work bro! Good farking work....

\m/

Ok - so it's not too flash just yet, but I was like a kid on xmas eve as I waited impatiently for billygoat to help me out on this setup (bloody slave driver made me fall a tree for him and then forced me to drink all his beer)....

Get a pic up of your brewery assistant / house security / big-arse-dog next to your burner & pot for a size comparison. ;)

Just upgraded my HLT from a 40L urn to a 80l pot with 2 x Keg King 2200W SS Elements with a cut out float switch this time.
Brewing for the first time in 6 months !
271107a3.jpg

Not anywhere near as flas as some of those on this topic, but it works well..

My Mark II

Recirc on HLT (brown pump), run on STC1000 gravity fed for the rest. (ATM)

Ghetto Ford Rim as a Keggle stand works incredibly well, I use a 3 ring on it but it can fit a 4 ring, Medium Pressure Reg.

The good missus has released funds for a brewery upgrade so am going to strip the shed and reclad it and have plans for the Mark III brew rig when the shed is complete.

1.JPG

:party:

Ok, I just had a mate soldier up my elements, so took some pics..

Didn't wanna post any pix until finished but just cant help myself!

So, stand needs to be painted and control box mounted - between MT and kettle, control box to be completed - not like a herms style, just a box that splits 3 phase in to 3 switches for elements to control the boil - also 2 switches for HLT element and pump..

Thats all, should be done by next weekend I reckon, will post some shots of the completed rig but for now:

HLT: Ross pot, tap hole was so off centre I chose to put the sight gauge and thermometer where they are to try and pull it all back to centre to the handles a little bit - sorry Ross, but whoever is drilling your holes should lay off the breaky billy's! ;)

IMG_3052_copy.JPG

IMG_3054_copy.JPG

MT: Again, a Ross pot, filled with Beer Belly recirc thingy and a false bottom I already had... wrapped in Wetsuit material I found at work... came up nice like!

IMG_2848.JPG

IMG_2853.JPG

Kettle: 3x 2400w Elements fitted to a Robinox SS Kettle, BB sockets welded, very nice IMO!

IMG_3058_copy.JPG

IMG_3059_copy.JPG

IMG_3064_copy.JPG

So on the unfinished stand looks like this: Remembering, the project box will be between MT and kettle;

IMG_3062_copy.JPG

Also, I Just could not decide on one tier stand or 2... as I believe fly sparging is more efficient.. but I guess now..

I can do both B)

IMG_3065_copy.JPG

:icon_cheers:

haha nice! like the idea of the extension can it hold a full pot of water??

oh your still a c@*t

haha nice! like the idea of the extension can it hold a full pot of water??

oh your still a c@*t

HAHA! - Its can hold me hanging off it, I am heavier than 70L / kg :ph34r: so am pretty sure it will be fine.

The stand is built from pallet racking because I could get it free, so weighs a shizen load, and I can literally do push/lift ups on the HLT extension when up with out tilting the stand... should be cool - I seriously reckon the main stand would take about 2 tonne.. which is handy, because, if I buy a massive bulldozer and wish to service it, I can just bang it up on the stand! :blink:

In response to your second comment, I concur.

Ok, I just had a mate soldier up my elements, so took some pics..

Didn't wanna post any pix until finished but just cant help myself!

So, stand needs to be painted and control box mounted - between MT and kettle, control box to be completed - not like a herms style, just a box that splits 3 phase in to 3 switches for elements to control the boil - also 2 switches for HLT element and pump..

Thats all, should be done by next weekend I reckon, will post some shots of the completed rig but for now:

HLT: Ross pot, tap hole was so off centre I chose to put the sight gauge and thermometer where they are to try and pull it all back to centre to the handles a little bit - sorry Ross, but whoever is drilling your holes should lay off the breaky billy's! ;)

View attachment 52671

View attachment 52672

MT: Again, a Ross pot, filled with Beer Belly recirc thingy and a false bottom I already had... wrapped in Wetsuit material I found at work... came up nice like!

View attachment 52669

View attachment 52670

Kettle: 3x 2400w Elements fitted to a Robinox SS Kettle, BB sockets welded, very nice IMO!

View attachment 52673

View attachment 52674

View attachment 52676

So on the unfinished stand looks like this: Remembering, the project box will be between MT and kettle;

View attachment 52675

Also, I Just could not decide on one tier stand or 2... as I believe fly sparging is more efficient.. but I guess now..

I can do both B)

View attachment 52677

Flash Pusti! :lol:

Screwy

thats alright then. now all you have to do is start brewing again. Oh on that note did you end up selling the old rig

Just thought i would post some pics of my humble rig. As you may notice i work in the timber industry. Well i make truss roofs which is why the rig is all gangnailed together. Doesn't look very fancy but has done the job for many a brew. :icon_cheers:

Atleast i know my butt joining works. :p and that termites wont eat your brewstand. Although i don't know how you can stand the smell of the blue wood when it gets hot/wet/ burnt!!!

Yes i work in the timber industry and thats my wood on the stand.

I started on mine this week. Has a flash Side to the HLT. while i am waiting for the water to get to strike temp i can put some snags on or a bit of steak and cook up a feast. Ordered a weldless tap from the states. $43 landed instead of $70. I will need some more soon.. and a 22L esky and some S/S braid for my Mash tun. All gravity feed at the moment. the kettle is a old crab cooker pot on a 3 ring burner. i might try and find my old 12V power pack and get a brown pump and use the 2 far burners on the BBQ.... hmm or just use the boat battery for the 12v power supply...

The HLT side alone was $500 :eek: just don't tell the missus her 5 burner bbq is now a 3v beer setup.

I started on mine this week. Has a flash Side to the HLT. while i am waiting for the water to get to strike temp i can put some snags on or a bit of steak and cook up a feast. Ordered a weldless tap from the states. $43 landed instead of $70. I will need some more soon.. and a 22L esky and some S/S braid for my Mash tun. All gravity feed at the moment. the kettle is a old crab cooker pot on a 3 ring burner. i might try and find my old 12V power pack and get a brown pump and use the 2 far burners on the BBQ.... hmm or just use the boat battery for the 12v power supply...

The HLT side alone was $500 :eek: just don't tell the missus her 5 burner bbq is now a 3v beer setup.

Any pictures of the progress Fishie

Back