Show us your brewrig

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what do most do with the spent grain to get it out of the tun ? do most just manhandle them off the rig to empty ?
some of the tuns look fairly locked into position with piping and temp probes etc.

I pick my mlt (50 ltr keg - 11 to 13 kg grain) up and turn it upside down on the concrete in the back yard. I then use a shovel to toss the grain over the garden bed. Then I get a hose give it a squirt to get the rest of the grain out, then a scrub, then I place it upside down on brewstand.

Here's some piccies of The Liquid Lunch Brewery MK3 build - control box almost there - still to add the probes for the STC-1000's, the conduit and cable to the 4x elements and 1x pump. Will be installing a dedicated 32A circuit for the new brewery when I have the time!

IMG_0924.jpg
Outside view - labels and brewery name to be added. Green switches control the HLT (LHS) and Hex (RHS) elements, red switch is pump, and blue switches are the 2x kettle elements.

IMG_0925.jpg
Shot of the insides

IMG_0926.jpg
Shot of the back of the STC-1000's and switches

IMG_0927.jpg
Shot of the neutral bar and wiring in the bottom of the enclosure

Getting there! Itching to get it up and running, but working tomorrow so not gonna happen!

Cheers

Here's some piccies of The Liquid Lunch Brewery MK3 build - control box almost there - still to add the probes for the STC-1000's, the conduit and cable to the 4x elements and 1x pump. Will be installing a dedicated 32A circuit for the new brewery when I have the time!

View attachment 53108
Outside view - labels and brewery name to be added. Green switches control the HLT (LHS) and Hex (RHS) elements, red switch is pump, and blue switches are the 2x kettle elements.

View attachment 53109
Shot of the insides

View attachment 53110
Shot of the back of the STC-1000's and switches

View attachment 53112
Shot of the neutral bar and wiring in the bottom of the enclosure

Getting there! Itching to get it up and running, but working tomorrow so not gonna happen!

Cheers

Looks the goods Nick, much tidier than mine (ahem)

:p

Well I won't say this isn't the third time I've wired the majority of it, only to rip it all out and start again because it was a bloody mess!!!

And I was under time pressures on yours ;)

i'll scoop until 98% empty, then lift it off the stand and onto the grass, hose it out, grab a sponge with some napisan and give it a gentle wipe, then hose off

its alot easier to clean than the kettle, which gets an overnight soak in hot napisan and a quick hose out the next day

Ay Don, this over night soak... is this made up napisan that you keep re-using (im imagining 60 odd litres)? if so does it go bad? i got my stainless immersion/herms going and now i need to look at how i keep him clean.

It's a cable gland. Hole was 32mm and the cable diameter would be approx 20mm or slightly larger. The cable is 3 core & earth, but I've cut the white out so it's only an active and a neutral plus earth coming in. It's 6mm cable, will be running off a 32A circuit (or maybe a 40A) (6mm will be fine with more than 50A when in conduit I believe). Will be running 3 x 2200W, 1x 1600W and a pump, plus the two controllers. Will not be running all that at once, obviously as it will exceed 32A, but circuit will be run through a combo CB/RCD so no issues there.

Cheers

What are you on about??!!?!?!?!

Ay Don, this over night soak... is this made up napisan that you keep re-using (im imagining 60 odd litres)? if so does it go bad? i got my stainless immersion/herms going and now i need to look at how i keep him clean.

I collect the water exiting my chiller in my hlt and its already hoyt
pump into kettle full to brim. Add half a pack of napisan and leave overnight

i dont recycle this. It gets tipped

Just added two little brown pumps to my trayback brewery. Works really well and saves all that lifting. Run both pumps from PC supply no worries. Brew frame next.
025.JPG
daz

Just added two little brown pumps to my trayback brewery. Works really well and saves all that lifting. Run both pumps from PC supply no worries. Brew frame next.
View attachment 53147
daz

Nice! You'll be brewing at work next :)

Onya Daz!

Looks the goods mate!

Cheers

Hi All,

Well after what seems like an epic adventure, I have finally finished my brew rig upgrade. Going from a 3 tier to a single level.

Stone_Frigate_brewery.jpg Stone_Frigate_1.jpg

Just in time for me to go away, hopefully might be able to get a brew in before I leave, if not I'll have to wait until October.

Cheers

PJ

Hi All,

Well after what seems like an epic adventure, I have finally finished my brew rig upgrade. Going from a 3 tier to a single level.

View attachment 53161 View attachment 53162

Just in time for me to go away, hopefully might be able to get a brew in before I leave, if not I'll have to wait until October.

Cheers

PJ

Dude, that is a thing of beauty!

If you have been brewing gravity and are yet to brew on a pump rig, please do ASAP - its like brewing for the time ever! - soo good.. I popped my pump rig cherry on the past weekend.. It was so much fun and so quick and easy, I did a piggy back brew!

Q's:

Any reason you chose to spin your MT, as in where the handles are?

What is that sneaky little ball valve down the bottom of the stand?

Is that a 98L Kettle? Are you doing triple batches, as in kegs worth?

Is the second valve on your kettle for Whirlpooling? IF so, what made you/why did you mount it where you did?

Sorry for all the questions but is is such a nice rig and I am nearing the end of my build, information is key!

Quick edit: Why is you MT the only one with out a thermometer? I would think it would be the main vessel to deserve it...

Cheers

Thanks for the kind words,

Any reason you chose to spin your MT, as in where the handles are?

I made a bit of a mistake when measuring all vessels when planing the rig, measured once, cut a couple of times, so once I got the frame together the only way I could fit all vessels on was to set up the MT with handles forward. only as an after though I can now hang my mash paddle and a small measuring jug off the handle.

What is that sneaky little ball valve down the bottom of the stand?

Yes a little ball valve, to be able to connect a hose to, to allow me to wash/clean as I'm going. The rig is plumbed up to the HLT, with a tap off under the rig and a carbon filter before the HLT

Is that a 98L Kettle? Are you doing triple batches, as in kegs worth?

No it a 70 litre from BB

Is the second valve on your kettle for Whirlpooling? IF so, what made you/why did you mount it where you did?

Yes it is for whirlpooling, I got the 70 litre at the start when i was only doing single batches (20-25L) with the option to do double. I place it there to be able to do single batches.

Quick edit: Why is you MT the only one with out a thermometer? I would think it would be the main vessel to deserve it...

The gauges were installed on the MK 1 brewery, My controller utilises PIDs and have a PT100 probe installed in the back, + I found I have to keep calibrating the gauges, the other two are really now only for looks not really for exact temp measurement

I have been AG for approx 4 years now started with 1 pot and a burner, slowly built a 3 tier system with esky MLT, and now built a single level system. I have brewed on a mates system to learn what works or me, so for now I think I have made what I think I need.

Cheers

PJ

I have brewed on a mates system to learn what works or me, so for now I think I have made what I think I need.

Cheers

PJ

It seems you sure have mate, that is f#cking impressive... Hang on "for now"?! HAHA - What the f&ck will be next! ;)

Thank you so much for a very informative reply/answers, appreciated heaps. Awesome...

Cheers
:icon_cheers:

Any more pics you wish to post would be ok too BTW :ph34r:

Latest posts

Back