Show us your brewrig

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my new brew rig.

Converted a 50L keg into a bottom draining HLT using a tri-clover fitting, installed sight glass and Herm-IT 2400w element, running off a 16amp Keg King temp controller and stainless probe.

Other two vessels are the 58L Keg King keggles. Currently brewing with gas but looking at going electric by the end of the year. Particularly now that Auber Instruments is making a dial controller for boil kettles! http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_30&products_id=444

Managed to get 88% efficiency out of it on the first batch, next batch running on Wednesday. Very excited to be brewing again after a year and a half break.

Other additions down the track will most likely be changing the HEX to a stainless vessel rather than PVC. Also want to get an SS Brewtech conical.

Here are some pics of my new (nearly) finished brew rig.

Taken me a while to build. But so glad it's nearly finished. Can't wait to start brewing on it.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1426473106.032439.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1426473028.356657.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1426473028.356657.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 157
  • ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1426473065.727294.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1426473065.727294.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 134
Franko said:
Here's the RedRocket she finally had her launch last week and is now fully operational

Franko
Can anyone help me and give me a run through on franko's setup?
This is a gas setup right?
Looking to build something similar.

Adamski29 said:
Here's my new brew rig.

Converted a 50L keg into a bottom draining HLT using a tri-clover fitting, installed sight glass and Herm-IT 2400w element, running off a 16amp Keg King temp controller and stainless probe.

Other two vessels are the 58L Keg King keggles. Currently brewing with gas but looking at going electric by the end of the year. Particularly now that Auber Instruments is making a dial controller for boil kettles! http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_30&products_id=444

Managed to get 88% efficiency out of it on the first batch, next batch running on Wednesday. Very excited to be brewing again after a year and a half break.

Other additions down the track will most likely be changing the HEX to a stainless vessel rather than PVC. Also want to get an SS Brewtech conical.
Sweet setup!

Stilldragon/Punkin has dial controllers (fine with 4800W) in a kit for $40:
http://www.stilldragon.com.au/diy-controller-kit/

Keep in mind the SSR in this kit will NOT work from a PID controller which uses a 12V pulse output - this SSR is actually a solid state voltage regulator, and has a 0-500k potentiometer input which is directly coupled to the 240V side. Anyway, works great for a dial/variable output but make sure you don't connect one to a PID accidentally.

H0U5ECAT said:
Can anyone help me and give me a run through on franko's setup?
This is a gas setup right?
Looking to build something similar.
Yes it's gas, though only the BK and HLT, the mash is herms, Note the urn underneath. Though if your after gas control this thread would be a good place to start

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1428288101.460518.jpg
Old busted ass bbq rig, only run about 10 batches thru it before I decided to build a better one.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1428288181.038426.jpgImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1428288207.851493.jpg
Electric brewery clone system. Bout 40 batches deep, only issue has been cheapo elements crapping out. Was well worth the $$

This is my setup. Ive had bench in storage for 3 1/2 yrs and after moving house i have the room to set it up properly. I also scored the rangehood and exaust fan for free

IMG_20150410_161350.jpg

lukec said:
This is my setup. Ive had bench in storage for 3 1/2 yrs and after moving house i have the room to set it up properly. I also scored the rangehood and exaust fan for free
Nice one Luke. A step up from the back porch by the looks of it. Did you stay local?

Yeah, just a small upgrade from the back porch. Moved to The Basin so not to far away

Camo6 said:
Nice one Luke. A step up from the back porch by the looks of it. Did you stay local?

lukec said:
Nice S/S bench,and brewing area as well .
Now about that back wall,I'm thinking tiles,easy to clean.........

I haven't decided yet. Also think marine play painted as I hate tiling.

The bench and rangehood were free as we were doing demo in a CBD high rise. Got a sparkie to give me plenty of power and did the plumbing myself as its my trade.

spog said:
Nice S/S bench,and brewing area as well .
Now about that back wall,I'm thinking tiles,easy to clean.........

Latest posts

Back