Show us your brewrig

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice. Are you running gas only for the vessels? Keen to see more pics as it progresses. Welcome to the forum.

Running 2 high pressure lpg burners, will post some more if a fit up when I finish pickling the welds, prob in about 3 beers time

Wheels on burners in place

1429420532005.jpg

1429420555581.jpg

Maybe my brewrig belongs in the ghetto thread. Just took a couple of snaps during and after making the (doppel)weizenbock today.

Note the strategic bricks separating the ground from the burner and kettle. On the right is the mash table with the hand-cranked grain mill.

Please to ignore the bottles stacked in the background (both full and empty). Future capacity, I call it. Also ignore the possum mess, including bottles knocked over.
Had an awesome time spraying the possum with a water pistol/gun and chased it from the brewery area.

Rig_sml.png

I've finally finished my new 1V rig and can start brewing again after an eight-month hiatus.

image0.jpeg

It's recirculating in the sense that I send the wort back through a whirlpool inlet rather than directly through the grain bed. I set it up this way because rapid chilling is more important to me than the benefits of filtering through the grain bed, and so now I can spin the wort around an immersion chiller and (hopefully) cool things down really quickly. The stand is made from slotted angle.

image2.jpeg

I've built a small control panel with PID, timer, alarm and switches for heating element (circular 3600W), wort pump (March with SS chugger head) and a 24V chill water pump that recirculates through a tank.

image3.jpeg

I made a basket out of a 19L Big W pot and a holesaw (not a fun process) that sits on legs and will have a bag in it. When it's time to get it out, the basket lifts up, rotates and hooks onto a frame to drain.

Really keen to give this thing a go on the weekend!

Course it does mate!! Good work, not much mess/spillage on the ground though, I smell a rat ;-)

Update pics:

Brewery mostly submerged. Lucky I have a lot of my gear stacked or shelved. About knee deep.
Medowie floating brewery.jpg
500l Chest freezer (*edit - contains about 8 kegs). Must have lifted up and tipped on it's side. Looks like the new ride-on mower may be up to shit as well.
M- chest freezer.jpg
We'll see what the insurance guys say...

Whoa that sucks , any of your grains get damaged from moisture ?
Freezer and mower stuffed as well, fark.

spog said:
Whoa that sucks , any of your grains get damaged from moisture ?
Freezer and mower stuffed as well, fark.
Grain is OK, except maybe some old wheat malt that I was prob gonna throw out.
I have two freezers in that room, and 4 fridges that were working. I think my 6-tap font is in the drink, as it was sitting on top of the freezer.
I rescued the 2 X LPG bottles last week, and the gas burner. I also have a keg fridge in each room (one is included in the tally for the room with the freezer), So 2 fridges in total and 2 large freezers. As soon as I can get the mower out, I'll call the mower guy (just up the road) to assess the ride-on and the push mower. Lucky I have been through this a few times, but it's still not easy I have a fairly new partner (about 5 years)who's gone through it twice with me and still has a big reaction. Not polite to say over-reaction.
Some of the fridges may be OK, but not sure if they will last if they get the OK (like last time), and the old laundry sink is rusted away now, apart from the stainless tubs.

Been talking to council for a few years, and now they want me to give them an extra easement over my land. I think I need to see some fixing on this first. No wonder so many lawsuits go against the council.
Septic tank is due for inspection. Good luck as it's submerged. Council said it was fine to go where it is...

fk - rant over. (oh and the washing machine...)

Nah, it'll be OK. We're resilient, us lowlanders. Thanks for your best wishes.

Insurance will prob go up again, but they're pricks anyway. I missed a payment a while back, and they cancelled the policy. Prob not as simple as that, but the upshot was that I had to commence a new policy, with a much higher excess, as my former $100 excess payment was no longer available.
Last flood, they sent some gimp out to fix my septic tank pump, and thought it was OK for an electrician to fix my plumbing on the pump. Then theybelieved him when he denied responsibility for the shoddy work that caused the plumbing to leak. He lied and said it looked like I had swapped the pump and had backed into it with a car. No wonder I have issues. Someone should set those bastards on fire. I certainly won't cry for them.

I can't stand insurers and there policies it's all for them and they think there doing you a favour until you want to make a claim
Hope she all dries out good for you
Ever considered moving

Have considered moving, but that's not compatible with my plans to establish a farm here.
You see, it's acreage and it's good when it's good.
I told GIO (yeah I named them) that I do not want their electrician back here ever again. Not after his poor work and worse, his unethical behaviour.
We also had the bushfire in August 2013, iirc.
Maybe the insurance mob would be happy for a claim on fencing. There's about 1.3 km of fencing that was burned by that fire.

Back