Show us your brewrig

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HLT 3800W (Camco) element with PTI 100 - Sucks the amps but works well

Techni Ice 60L esky mash tun.

Herms 20L Birko urn + lots of copper coil - This replacement urn's too big needs tweaking was advertised on ebay at 10L :D.

96L boil pot with rolling stand.

Brew controller with illuminated switches for HLT, Pump, Herms.
PID (rex 700 + SSR) for PTI 100, Stc's for Herms control and mash tun temp readings.

New addition is the key station. Idea is as (if) the vessels grow in capacity the key station should not need modification.

Wheel barrow is perfect for the gran transport to feed the chickens.

Don't mind the ghetto grain mill hopper. It's been 8 months but it works :D

IMAG1282.jpg

A few weekends worth of welding:

20150125_151233_small.jpg

It's got mounting points for my chiller, Hermit HEX and one burner. Had a collapsible structure but it was annoying the hell out of me dragging it out of the shed every time. This has wheels

Built from 40x40x3 scrap box steel I came by cheaply.

Good work! I wish I could make something custom like that but a handy man I am not.

Here's my compact rig. Simple but effective. Currently doing no-chill BIAB but this would make a great HLT if I want to try 3V down the track.

Bought a rope and pulley today to make pulling the bag less of a PITA. Looking forward to tomorrow's brew day a little more now.

edit: Wow that pic is really big, need to learn how to make it thumbnail.

J7hTllB.jpg

Hi guys - thought I'd put this up here, just finished the first brew on my new DIY electric, recirculating, temp controlled BIAB rig.

http://youtu.be/10n1D3FOCOE

Pretty happy with how day went - but forgot to add Irish moss so could end up with a slightly more cloudy pacific ale than I was intending.

Cheers
Pikey

pikey84 said:
Hi guys - thought I'd put this up here, just finished the first brew on my new DIY electric, recirculating, temp controlled BIAB rig.
might want to look into some slight refinements to your electrical work... electrical tape isnt the most 'water-proof' option to have your joins when its around brew equipment..
also, a ground connection for those elements might save you entering a 'darwin award' listing in the future

Pikey,a nice simple setup there ,try to figure out some sort of anti bump guard to go around the pump and outlet hose.
You don't want the outlet snapped off during a brewing session.
Cheers....spog...

I think it's nearly finished...added a bunch of cheap Chinese tri-clamp fittings as I was sick of bashing my knuckles on stuff doing the twist and pull hose barb hand jive, and a timer so the HLT is ready to go when I drag my carcass out of bed on brew day mornings. I just need to get some flash engraved signs for the controller, like I said I was going to do a year ago.

IMG_1693_zps806dfbe4.jpg

Thanks for feedback SBOB and spog - are you two related?

SBOB said:
might want to look into some slight refinements to your electrical work... electrical tape isnt the most 'water-proof' option to have your joins when its around brew equipment..
also, a ground connection for those elements might save you entering a 'darwin award' listing in the future
Haha - yep have the heat shrink piping already to go before next brew day, but not sure how i am going to waterproof the kettle switches yet - I will have to look as to how to wire up a ground - any suggestions?

spog said:
Pikey,a nice simple setup there ,try to figure out some sort of anti bump guard to go around the pump and outlet hose.
You don't want the outlet snapped off during a brewing session.
Cheers....spog...
Ideally I am going to mount Pump & temp controller inside the crate so that they can still be accessed - should eliminate that possibility

Gratuitous Braumeister pic. 50L Braumeister, Stainless Counterflow Chiller, Chugger pump and camlock fittings!

10413401_10155203274675164_4232928253948272048_n.jpg

sometimes the answer is right under our nose... The old bike lift may live to shine again as my brew rig thingy

image.jpg

droid said:
sometimes the answer is right under our nose... The old bike lift may live to shine again as my brew rig thingy
Hope you pulled your garage door down only for a few seconds to take a photo and don't brew in an enclosed space with gas all the time mate?

Nice rig though! :p

door down just for pic, all good but a timely reminder nonetheless, cheers

Part of the rig - the grain mill. "Artisanal" hand crank and recycled camping chair.
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1425285088.968406.jpg

In keeping with the black and jarrah framework of this:
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1425285130.352536.jpg

TheWiggman said:
What purpose does the pot on the ground serve Putri... Judge?
Pot on the ground is the boil kettle, on a 3 ring gas burner.
Also, did you spot the name change?

Back