Show us your brewrig

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found this beauty on Bonsai Brewing
. image.jpg
Wouldn't mind this in my shed.

I have no idea how that works but look forward to the day that I do :)

Robbo2234 said:
Hey screw top where did you get that pot on the right from?
Belonged to a fellow AHB'er from Brisbane. He had it made it's 82 L.

Screwy

bO7lusI.jpg

Finally doing the finishing touches to my 4V HERMS and nearly ready for it's first brew

82l cheapo stainless pots off ebay
herm-it coil and thermostat in 6l breville urn
40l crown urn as HLT
Bunnings rack-it shelving brewstand
Kegking pump
Rays outdoors megajet burner

Going to initially use an STC-1000 but will upgrade to a PID eventually

Curly79 said:
I have no idea how that works but look forward to the day that I do :)
I'm going to make a stab in the dark and guess each display corresponds to a different vessel and shows the required heat and current heat. And perhaps the lights are to show when the pump is running and when the heater is running?

That's all I've figured out though. Not sure if this is a RIMS or a HERMS system. I'm guessing probably a HERMS because it doesn't have an external RIMS tube. I only (possibly) know this because I've been looking at RIMS systems lately as something to think about.

After 5 years of homebrewing, 95 batches ranging from K+K, kits and bits, stovetop partial, stovetop BIAB I have finally graduated to 'proper' AG brewing. I was never in a hurry to graduate as I have young kids, managed a few medals at the Nats with partials/BIAB, but I finally took the leap.

Just finished the main setup today. I have gone for a 3V gravity system with the following setup:

Stand is a a Bunnings shelving unit, currently using MDF shelves. Have mounted mill on lower tier and can also store stuff as well.
40L urn HLT controlled by a KegKing temp controller plugged into a thermowell. Also have a powerpoint timer so HLT can heat early for wakeup brews
60L Techniice mashtun fitted through with a Beerbelly false bottom (I ended up drilling a new hole as could not get a good seal through bung)
70L Forje pot modified by Beer Belly to fit a ball valve
Megajet burner from BCF (20% discount day) with high pressure adjustable reg
18m copper immersion chiller run by a pond pump put sequentially in 3 rubber tubs (tap, tap, tap + ice bricks)

Still have to get a stands welded for the burner (so it sits at right height for fermentor, its on bricks till then) and the HLT (upturned esky will have to do until then!)

Most time consuming bit was etching the volume markers on the HLT and kettle. First brewday is planned for next Wednesday when I have the house to myself. Planning to brew my Nat winning AIPA. Before then I need to calibrate the thermometer on the HLT and refractometer, and make sure I have fully sussed Beersmith

16089206970_f9ba31fd9e_o.jpg

Well here it is, most of you who were around remember me hounding matho about his controller, he relented and created an all new, easy for simpletons like me, arduino based controller. That controller has made it's way around the world and is available in 6 or 7 languages. With financial constraints it took a little longer than some, but in the end well worth the effort. 5 brews in I'm still trying to dial it in and for me step mashing at will is sublime, I used to stand hunched over my esky cooler pumping my OTS element up and down for 10 mins to get to the next step. This thing is a breeze.
20150110_091449.jpg20150110_091355.jpg
20150110_101839.jpg

gday fellas

I just got my PID controller set up and thought i would share my brewery setup im about 20 brews in, for now this is the finished product but im sure it will morph plenty of times in the future
stc for the hlt, pid for the herms,HS 5500 pwm for boiling control, 2 kaixins, cfc, RO with a 60 ltr resevoir so i can make water over night fitted with a float valve, this is very easy to clean one of the design parameters that i wanted to have .
Also as i rent its all modular so if and when we have to do the bolt its not a pita to transport

IMG_2050_2.JPG this enables me to drain the herms if nessecary without removing anything

Attachments

• IMG_2024.JPG
    IMG_2024.JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_2028_2.jpg
    IMG_2028_2.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_2033_2.JPG
    IMG_2033_2.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_2036_2.jpg
    IMG_2036_2.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_2037_2.JPG
    IMG_2037_2.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_2055.jpg
    IMG_2055.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_2030_2.jpg
    IMG_2030_2.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_2042_2.JPG
    IMG_2042_2.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 125
The baby scales are something I scored for five bux whilst residing in Tokyo perfect for weighing my grain
to measure hops I have a set of scales that are perfect for weighing your cocain on!!!! :)

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1422145118.595415.jpg
Just moved into a new house. Brewery is set up now I should probably go unpack boxes inside after a well earned beer.

Really wish I had a stainless table/brewstand like cooperville, Porchop and some of the other set ups here. I'm on that Rack It shelving from Bunnings, ply shelves sealed with PU. Functional but lacks the bling factor and ease of cleaning.

Back