Show us your brewrig

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kayne said:
Nice! How does that burner go?
With the standard reg it was underpowered for a double batch. Would only reach a boil with the lid on and then maintained a very soft boil with the lid off.

With a variable pressure reg it cranks :)

Mardoo said:
I got mine at Spotlight in the curtain section. Buttload of different types. Just ask a cute sales asst. She'll help you :)
Sent the mrs to Lincraft but they were unhelpful. Apparently they had stuff called "something" voile but not swiss and it didnt say 100% polyester and was $10/metre so she didnt get it. I found old thread with a spotlight code ill try there this week.

Look in the seconds bin at spotlight. $6 enough for three bags and four hop sox. 1406451199519.jpg

Then learn to sew.

StalkingWilbur said:
There are support beams under each section. There's plenty of strength there.

It was originally designed as BIAB brew stand. You can see the upright on the lower section, there's an arm above that with a pulley system. If I did had known how quickly we would move up then I would've just built a flat bench.
I like the step. I'm currently running electric kegs as my HLT and mash tun but I've got a significantly larger gas fired beerbelly 100l kettle. The different sizes are making it difficult to plan my build. I'm very tempted to copy your design, after I have a little bit of welding practice.

Anyone got a close up shot? Is the voile more densely woven than standard keg king grain bags or less? Mrs said the stuff she saw had larger holes in the weave than the grain bag I sent her with there but I assumed it would be the opposite?

DJ_L3ThAL said:
Sent the mrs to Lincraft but they were unhelpful. Apparently they had stuff called "something" voile but not swiss and it didnt say 100% polyester and was $10/metre so she didnt get it. I found old thread with a spotlight code ill try there this week.
I have a pic on my old phone somewhere of the tag. I can look it up.

There was more than one type there when I bought mine. The staff said they didn't have Swiss Voile, but I found it a couple of mins later.

Barneey - that is a very nice brewcave... I mean lab. :)

Is that a seperable heat plate exchanger to the left of the autoclave? How long does that take to chill 100L mind if I ask how much and where you got it? I like the idea of being able to clean inside of a plate chiller.

Both the timber clad items are to house pots, the large one in use is for the 150lt boiler the one under the autoclave was a project (not finished) - a 70ltr pot would sit in the timber clad + cooling / heating pipework coiled around the pot, sort of a self contained ferment chamber. Once I got the stainless freezer cabinet + maxi controller and the conical(s) it became a redundant project.

The plate heat exchanger is indeed a fully take apart item, which I refurbished, only cost £30.00 on another forum, I sold that on to another member with his own micro brewery (it was too big for my set up), what is easy to use is the copper "straight" CFC, pictured just below the control panel, basically 15 & 22mm pipework with silicone tube ends, so to clean remove the silicone tube ends & your left with a piece of straight pipe which can be brushed + then the whole lot flushed through. I do also have a copper plate (that can be dismantled) with I`m also testing.

The big lump of stainless on the boiler is a BH external filter.

What isn't on show (well only the top) is the Rimms system (just behind the mash pot).

The control panel is based on the electric brewery one , just with a few more timers + PIDS to control thing.

As I mentioned in another thread the system only really gets used at Green Hop time of year, the rest of the time I use the BM unit with a smaller conical as it fits in with my family life better.

Cheers

Forever Wort said:
Wow Barneey, that is intense!

For a point of contrast, this is my "rig" ...

attachicon.gif
brewrig.jpg
I love this picture ... it sums things up so perfectly. Well done mate!

Cheers

Forever Wort said:
Wow Barneey, that is intense!

For a point of contrast, this is my "rig" ...

attachicon.gif
brewrig.jpg
mmm, coffee and reading is a couple of issues I see with this setup :p

mxd said:
mmm, coffee and reading is a couple of issues I see with this setup :p
Looks far too relaxed, organised and controlled for my liking........ Wheres the look of panic when you realise you've just done something incredibly stupid?

:)

bazfletch3 said:
Looks far too relaxed, organised and controlled for my liking........ Wheres the look of panic when you realise you've just done something incredibly stupid?

:)
Yep - I thought there was something wrong with that pic too.

Latest posts

Back