Shire Brew Club

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I should be able to make the 10th. I'll mark it in my iCal.

Looks like the 10th is looking the goods!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lock it in!!!!!!!!!
time to get a brew sorted into a party keg!!!!! :chug:

The 10th sounds good for me. What suburb are we looking at?

The 10th sounds good for me. What suburb are we looking at?

Lock in the Sat 10th Sep then at my place at Engadine. PM me for address details when it gets closer. Should we call it a 2pm start? We probably should start a list of what people are bringing (ie food or beer). We also need to work out numbers. If people bring beer in Corny kegs it doesn't need to be cold as I run an ice bank chiller. I also have couplings to run 50L kegs (beware lots of stairs). I will hopefully have on tap a pilsner and an English bitter.
Looking forward to it. :chug:

2pm's good for me. Meant to be driving down to Bowral late afternoon so gives me a few hours to sample a few Shire HB's. (think I'll let the wife do the driving to Bowral...)

I will bring a cornie of pale ale.

2pm is cool with me.

I thought it might be a good idea to maybe have a few questions that people in the know might be able to explain a bit better.
I for one, have only brewed by myself and gone by what I read on here.

my questions are.

explain cubing with no chill etc
explain late hopping and the difference bewteen pellets flowers etc...when to use what.

There is now a sub forum for Southern Lager & Ale Brewers SLAB in the Brew Club sub forums. (thanks Dane and Doc!!).

Posted quick summary in the sub forum of 10th Sept get together. Communicating in there may make it easier to keep track of everything. Its good to see our name up in lights as well !! :p

Might make it easier for others potentials to find us as well.

[topic="57464"]Link to post[/topic]

cheers - Richard.

Ahoy!

This is all starting to sound dangerously like a plan. 10/sep @ 2pm has been locked in :)

Should be good.

I really want to come along, however i accidently drank all my beer, only have a few bottles left of an English Best Bitter which i wouldn't mind a few opinions on. Maybe can bring nibbles along instead of a keg.

Shane

I really want to come along, however i accidently drank all my beer, only have a few bottles left of an English Best Bitter which i wouldn't mind a few opinions on. Maybe can bring nibbles along instead of a keg.

Shane
Shane i reckon there will be enough beer!! some knibbles sounds good!!!
cheers Glenn

Did this club end up taking off? are you guys still around?

Guys

Clubs been going well for a few years now. We had a get together last Sat. It's pretty informal but great for swapping beers and beer yarns. Most of the action is on the Facebook page so log on there and introduce yourself. it's an extremely friendly club so try and make it to one of the SLAB get togethers. details always posted on Facebook.

Cheers - Richard

Latest posts

Back