Shire Brew Club

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And as a club you are going to need a clever acronym

Hmmmmm how about...

Sutherland Shire and Surrounds Brewing Club (SSS Brewers / Triple S Brewers)
Sutherland Shire Brewers (SSB)
Sutherland Real Mashers (SRM)
Shire Brewers Association (SBA)
Shire Brewing Club (SBC)
Sutherland/Shire All Grain (SAG)
Shire Sparging Experts (SSE)
Sutherland Shire Zymurgists (SSZ)

Cheers

And as a club you are going to need a clever acronym

Hmmmmm how about...

Sutherland Shire and Surrounds Brewing Club (SSS Brewers / Triple S Brewers)
Sutherland Shire Brewers (SSB)
Sutherland Real Mashers (SRM)
Shire Brewers Association (SBA)
Shire Brewing Club (SBC)
Sutherland/Shire All Grain (SAG)
Shire Sparging Experts (SSE)
Sutherland Shire Zymurgists (SSZ)

Cheers
Love em all,should be good for a laugh over a few beers to work out a name!!!! :lol:

I won't be able to make anything until September, but I'm keen. As Felton has put his hand up then that's a good first venue.

As for a name what about: Shire Homebrew Information Troop (SHIT)

Since nobody has thrown any dates out yet, I'll start the ball rolling. I'm assuming that most people would prefer to catch up over a weekend, but some of us also work shiftwork. I'm happy to have the first catch up at my place, but I have young kids so I can't go to late into the night. I'm at Engadine. I'm available for Sat 20th or Sun 21st Aug. Also for Fri night 2 Sep or Fri to Sun 9 - 11 Sep weekend.

The meridian hotel at Hurstville has JSGA and coopers green on tap and a large comfy area out the back, cheap dodgy food too.
Just an idea for a venue at some point.
Felons place as he is offering sounds like a good kick off, most of those dates are fine for me. But as with felon, little ones restrict me from evenings.

Cheers

The next couple of weekends wil be out for me due to renovations going on at home, however early September should work.

I am in Heathcote so Engadine / Heathcote suits perfectly.

If the weather permitted i could probably host at some stage as well. Not much room inside but have a decent size deck out the back.

Just looked up my roster,im free on the20/21st Aug then its the 10th/11th Sept and17th /18th sept
if were still stuck for a venue we can can have it in my "man cave" got a fridge that can hold 4 18l kegs so i suppose we could give that a work out! :p

My setup will run 4 kegs also. Would be greatly appreciated if others could bring a keg so I don't run out and for variety. That is of course if you want to run it at my place.

IMG_1078.jpg

I'm keen but will be in Newcastle the weekend of the 20th. I can bring one of beer engines for service as well, but I don't have any ale at the moment. I need to brew some.

My setup will run 4 kegs also. Would be greatly appreciated if others could bring a keg so I don't run out and for variety. That is of course if you want to run it at my place.

View attachment 47567
Jesus what a set up felon!!!!!!!!!!!!your place is looking the goods!!!!!!!
lets get us a date!
We will give it a week for everybody who is interested to post dates then pick the most popular one!
cheers humulus

Hey all,
Im a new AG brewer keen to meet others in the shire and improve my knowledge.
Im in Caringbah.

Cheers,
Shane

Hey all,
Im a new AG brewer keen to meet others in the shire and improve my knowledge.
Im in Caringbah.

Cheers,
Shane
G,day Shane keep an eye on this thread for the next week and hopefully we will pick a date to have our first meet!
cheers Glenn

View attachment 47567
Nice setup, I'll second felons place for a first meet, should be able to get a keg ready

This thread interests me greatly.

I'm a re-interested brewer from Caringbah, and need all the help I can get...

If it is in sept I will do a keg as well for it.
I will do smurtos JSGA if you like.
I BIAB .

Its looking like its in Sept sometime ill do a 9l party keg of something as well,keep the feedback on the dates coming

I googled 'Engadine' and turns out it has a station/is in Sydney/is get-to-able. ;)
I'd try and swing by, a keg might be a challenge on the train, will see.
I'm in the Eastern Suburbs.

I googled 'Engadine' and turns out it has a station/is in Sydney/is get-to-able. ;)
I'd try and swing by, a keg might be a challenge on the train, will see.
I'm in the Eastern Suburbs.

yep train station..pub ...RTA..surgery..TAB...Golden Arches...go-lo

You could live and work there and never have to leave.

Engadine is pretty big though ...so it could be a hike from the station.
I dunno where Felon lives in relation to the station.

Back