Shire Brew Club

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

humulus

Reaction score
Brewers im putting the feelers out there,id like to get a Home Brew Club going in the Sutherland Shire and surrounding areas,please leave some feed back so we can go further!!! :icon_chickcheers:
Cheers Humulus

Gday Humulus

I'm in Bexley, (St george area just outside the shire)
I might be interested if something like that started up, rather head down to the shire than the city.
I brew mostly extract and partials but am in the process of setting up a 3v ag system.

Cheers Jordan

Blackapple

Gday Humulus

I'm in Bexley, (St george area just outside the shire)
I might be interested if something like that started up, rather head down to the shire than the city.
I brew mostly extract and partials but am in the process of setting up a 3v ag system.

Cheers Jordan

Blackapple
Beautiful Jordan hopefully we get some more interest and we will sort out a meet up!! spread the word around your brewer mates!

I would give it a go. I am a 3V novice with 18 months experience. I live in Engadine. I am a shift worker which can make things difficult to catch up.
Greg.

Theres a few from the Gong that would likely be keen to partake ...

Scotty

I'm in, time permitting. I've been AG brewing since late 2004 and been down the 3V path and reverted back to BIAB to keep it all easy.

I'd be interested. I'm an AG brewer in oyster bay

Its looking good.... im an AG brewer been doing it 18mths and im a shift worker too,so ill try organize a catchup at my joint or a local pub,(not too many if any that have a few good beers on tap!any suggestions?) thanks for the interest would be great if us Shire/St George/Gong brewers could catch up every month or so!!!! Watch out for this post again and we can sort a date!!!
Cheers Humulus :chug:

I'm keen, been doing extracts for a few years but any excuse to discuss and sample beer.

Not quite in the Shire, but I am keen to be involved!

Nathan

Its looking good.... im an AG brewer been doing it 18mths and im a shift worker too,so ill try organize a catchup at my joint or a local pub,(not too many if any that have a few good beers on tap!any suggestions?) thanks for the interest would be great if us Shire/St George/Gong brewers could catch up every month or so!!!! Watch out for this post again and we can sort a date!!!
Cheers Humulus :chug:

No more St George Illawarra mergers please!!!

The vibe and scope of brewers coming forward here on this thread is tremendous. Pick a venue and a date and strike while the fire is hot. Over discussions (of beer of course) get the feel for the style of club you want to be - pissheads getting together for drinks somewhere (any good craft beer venues around the place?) or over a BBQ with home brews, or a more formal club along the lines of the Newcastle HUBs or really formal like the Canberra Brewers. The Illawarra Brewers Union is not a club, we are a union (subtle difference) held together by regular but hard to organise social events and a strong forum presence on this website. If you northern blokes want a hand or advice to set up, don't be scared to ask. We'll tell you who to contact! :rolleyes:

Look forward to your future success.

Hi all,

I'm in the process of getting a BIAB setup going and I'd love to get together with other brewers for brew days or just a drink.

I live at Sutho.

John

I'm happy to open up my place for the first meet, if we need a venue. My bar is not complete, but it is operational with 4 taps through an ice bank chiller. If a few others want to bring along a keg that would help. There is nothing like breaking the ice with a few cold ones.

Greg.

I'm in a similar situation to Felon, shift worker in Heathcote, BIAB for about 9 months. :beerbang:

Shire and surrounding brewers suppose we should start thinking about a date for a meet up sound like a few of us are shiftworkers(im one),so if people start throwing some dates and venues about you never know we might be able to sort something.
Does the end of the month or early Sept sound good,im keen to get together talk crap,swap recipe ideas,brewing methods even bring a bottle or two of your best in(even a party keg!)for others to try and give their verdict on!
Cheers humulus :chug:

Back