SE QLD Xmas-in-28th of June 2014

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done Nick. Don't think anyone minds chipping in for a good cause like that. And if they do, the beer was probably worth a few bucks anyway mate :lol:

Found this auto-awesome version of Snow going swap bottle surfing and laughed ;)

20140628_162152-MOTION.gif

(You may need to click on the image to see the animation)

To wrap up this thread (and Angus's balls), I'd like to thank everyone (and there were many of you) who contributed to the success of the day/evening. Particular mention to Wombil for providing us with most of the timber around Baffle Creek (and Angus's wood), Snow and Parks for doing the swap, NickB for his exceptional bargining skills with the pizza supply and snag rolls (and Angus's balls), all those who dragged along Belgian beers to drink with me, Angus for having a crack at playing the pipes whilst pist, and lastly thanks to Anna for setting up the place on Friday while I was flat-out working, doing the pizza run, then cleaned around me on Sunday arvo. Seriously, it was great to see and share so much food and beer with such great blokes.

PS there's a couple of glasses left here, and Liam left a couple of CDs

Donske said:
Thanks for the fun night everyone and thanks to Perry and Anna for hosting.

I also need to drop one of my swap beers over to you Perry, I had some freshly starsanned bottles in the box without realising, just let me know when is a good time.
Most times in the afternoon over the next few days mate, chuck me a PM with what times suits you.

I think I left a standard pub glass there.

Consider it a gift...

Although it will irritate my OCD nature to be missing a glass from the set of 4. Which will be further irritated when I break one and am left with 2. :D So I'm not bothered about it...

Awesome event everyone! :chug: :beerbang: I can wait for the next one (poor liver) but perhaps not that long... he he

angus_grant said:
I think I left a standard pub glass there.

Consider it a gift...

Although it will irritate my OCD nature to be missing a glass from the set of 4. Which will be further irritated when I break one and am left with 2. :D So I'm not bothered about it...

Awesome event everyone! :chug: :beerbang: I can wait for the next one (poor liver) but perhaps not that long... he he
I left a couple too, I always do, that's why standard pub glasses are the go.

Batz

Thanks winkle and Anna.I'm nearly back to normal today.

I left a glass to - it's all yours Perry.

Oh and I didn't do any of the swap - I just grabbed me some swap surfin' Internet glory

The red seal glass is mine, add it to the barware collection for next time ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1404342294.644968.jpg

I'm surprised Stefan wasn't in on the man love!

Version 2 of my DW might be brewed this weekend. Had to go with Best Malz as no Wey dark wheat, but was assured they are very similar.
Will be increasing 72 degree mash step to 15 minutes to hopefully increase the body. Otherwise may have to throw in another step at 66 or 67
And ferment at 18 to see if that will promote a little more banana from the yeasties. Hopefully that will make Parks happy. I'm thinking I will probably end up at 18.5 as I have a thermo-well which I stick the STC probe into, so probably a fairly close temp to the actual ferment.

Latest posts

Back