• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Saw these at Bunnings in Altona

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SixStar

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1491302804.709236.jpg

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1491302825.178866.jpg

Grab them! Fit a bazooka screen or a false bottom inside. Give away your BIAB and do Infusion Mash, batch sparge B)

Edit: As long as the tap thread is able to adapt a ball lock valve or decent hardware etc.

Danscraftbeer said:
Grab them! Fit a bazooka screen or a false bottom inside. Give away your BIAB and do Infusion Mash, batch sparge B)
Still haven't found a compelling reason to give away my BIAB system......and a $39 cooler isn't one of them. Notwithstanding, it would be a good miracle box for a single tap setup.

BIAB on, Anthony

I got one of those to hold my sparge water in whilst the Robobrew does its thing.
It's 20L so about 2 bucks a litre.

Yob said:
my maths is a real worry sometimes..
You'll be getting somebody else to count out the change at Foragers, yeah?

mofox don't you say such things unless they're true!

Seriously though, if someone can please confirm whether they hold a corny, I'll appreciate it. Been waiting on one for ages.

+1

If used as a mash tun, how would that tap go? Early on in the piece when I was looking around prior to going BIAB, the biggest problem with that cooler style was that to drain, you had to thumb-squeeze on a button which becomes agonizing after about a couple of minutes.

Will test when I get home. It does hold the 4l keg nicely. Just need to mount a tap and the mini reg to the outside.

How about a 19L regular cornie? Wouldn't need to go all the way up as long as the lower half can sit in ice for a BBQ or case swap whatever.

ED: would try it myself with an empty keg but it's still dodgy getting to Lismore at the moment and not sure how it is at Bunnings there as they were cut off for days.

Sit downstream of Bunnings mate, you'll get your stock delivered

Wow, ya know I almost didn't post this bc I thought there'd be no interest.

And dammit now I too need a keg cooler, thanks guys.

And it gets better....
The taps on these actually stay open once engaged. No sore more sore fingers.
Bunnings is right next-door if anyone wants me to get one for them and then pick up for what I paid and one of your tasties.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1491378655.028151.jpg

Latest posts

Back