Lack of 2023 US hops

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eldertaco

Reaction score
Anyone else noticed there seems to be a lack of 2023 US hops available at homebrew places? Newest I could find was 2022 and I think I even saw some 2020 stuff around.

Are they just trying to get through old stock before putting the latest season up for sale maybe?

Pretty sure the fresh stuff should be hitting our shores (more widely available) shortly but yes it's also likely that LHBS will sell their older stock first. Unless they are importing them directly from the states they will be stocking from a few hop wholesalers, that I'm sure will also be supplying contracted amounts to breweries first.

Just seems odd that it's so late. At this rate we'll be getting 2024 AU/NZ harvest hops before any of last years US gear shows up.

I did notice that Yakima seems to have maybe stopped shipping international for orders below 200KG, I wonder if that's got anything to do with it.

Just seems odd that it's so late. At this rate we'll be getting 2024 AU/NZ harvest hops before any of last years US gear shows up.

I did notice that Yakima seems to have maybe stopped shipping international for orders below 200KG, I wonder if that's got anything to do with it.
Says that on their website but I emailed them and they still do. Trouble is they no longer have the cheap shipping option.

That's good to know at least. I've noticed that beerco has some 2023 hops coming on soon, looks like they're just waiting to get through the last of the older stuff. 2023 Citra is already available from them, and a couple of other varieties if you're willing to purchase bulk by the looks.

Latest posts

Back