• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Saw these at Bunnings in Altona

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha I got one too from Moorabin. I think it was the last one. Its for my Mini kegs with lots of room for Ice. Tap on the outside etc.

As for a mash tun though I'd rip out that crappy plastic tap and fit a stainless ball lock. That way you can fit on silicon hose for the run off into a bucket so there's no splashing. You can then fit a bazooka screen filter inside on the thread of the ball lock etc.

Danscraftbeer said:
Haha I got one too from Moorabin. I think it was the last one. Its for my Mini kegs with lots of room for Ice. Tap on the outside etc.

As for a mash tun though I'd rip out that crappy plastic tap and fit a stainless ball lock. That way you can fit on silicon hose for the run off into a bucket so there's no splashing. You can then fit a bazooka screen filter inside on the thread of the ball lock etc.
Bugger, thats my local shop!!! Will have to try Mentone

Leyther. I did see the same size box behind the only one on display so there may be more still boxed (plane brown unlabelled box).

Edit: oh and standard silicon hose does fit on the plastic tap nicely too. You could fit a bazooka inside too if you take off the bazooka's thread and hose clamp it on. Cheap easy little mash tun but its better to have a ball lock valve as to control the run off speed.

Yes that's correct some are in boxes. You should be able to see them in the photos.

Danscraftbeer said:
Leyther. I did see the same size box behind the only one on display so there may be more still boxed (plane brown unlabelled box).

Edit: oh and standard silicon hose does fit on the plastic tap nicely too. You could fit a bazooka inside too if you take off the bazooka's thread and hose clamp it on. Cheap easy little mash tun but its better to have a ball lock valve as to control the run off speed.
I'm actually looking at it more for putting the corny in when camping next week, add some ice and hopefully it will chill it for the evenings frivolities, will probably have to add ice daily but maybe better than constantly transferring from corny to 4L mini keg.

I was reading some of the comments and wondered as someone looking to move toward all grain - how challenging would that be with this as a mashing vessel? Maintaining temps, fitting in appropriate amounts of grain/water? I've seen the basics on YouTube but would you all grain fans think yes/no for this size vessel or any shortfalls you'd foresee? Knocked out a few kit and kilo and want something different :)

Managed to pickup one of the last 2 from Moorabbin, someone had put them up on a top shelf so almost missed them, bargain when you consider the Esky one is $79 for the same size

Plenty left at Bunning's Coburg for northern punters.
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1491474704.246110.jpg

Brewnicorn said:
I was reading some of the comments and wondered as someone looking to move toward all grain - how challenging would that be with this as a mashing vessel? Maintaining temps, fitting in appropriate amounts of grain/water? I've seen the basics on YouTube but would you all grain fans think yes/no for this size vessel or any shortfalls you'd foresee? Knocked out a few kit and kilo and want something different :)
As a mash tun its good for up to maximum 5kg grain mash :unsure: check that..
As in 2.5lt/kg water/grain initial mash then batch sparged.
Temp control is all dependant on the strike water being correct. Nothing else. Get the water in the esky hotter than target temp and let it sit and equalise with the mass of the esky. Check the temp is correct as the strike water. Mix in the grain and let it sit as long as you want. Relax. No crucial deadlines on time spent.
Vorlauf, run off, batch sparge, Vorlauf, run off etc. Good clear wort. Good brew house efficiency.
This is how I learned to All Grain brewing with the much help of software. I have Beersmith. It does all the calculations but experience is it.

$0.02

Thanks Danscraftbeer [emoji1] I've been researching tonight and went to collect one. I'm a bit bloody keen. Beersmith for Mac could be up next. [emoji1]

Brewnicorn said:
Forgive me all for saying this but brother get a Grainfather with Connect and never look back.

Back