Qld Xmas case Swap 2014- 6 Dec

• Thread starter bradsbrew
  • Start date
Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And another one bites the dust, unfortunately goona have to pull out of this one, have had a few things pop up that are going to make it too tight to get a beer fermented and bottled before the 6th, was looking forward to it too.

SWAP BEERS ARE TO BE IN 740ml PET PLASTIC BOTTLES ONLY
1. Earle - red wheat saison
2. Beersuit - something funky.
3. Liam_s - beer probably
4. Bradsbrew - Hazelnut Rocky Road Porter
5. lukiferj
6. tazman1967 Brett Saison
7. Parks - Motueka Lager
8. madpierre06 - Biggus Dikkus American Cream Ale
9. Seehuusen - Aussie Summer Saison
10. Winkle - some thing, Bisayan Maputi #2 maybe?
11. Angus - Sarcasm Wit
14. Meno - Twin Galaxy Blonde & Sahara Nirvana Golden Ale - now bottled and set aside.
15. NickB - An IPA, or a Lager, or a Weizen, or a Stout, or maybe a BlackHopfenStoutWeizen fermented as a Lager...
16.hwall95 - Springtime Saison
17.Robv - beer
18.benken25. burn down the barn (rauchbier saison)
20. BPH87 - Schwarzbier (Not attending)
21. Aydos - wouldn't have a bloody clue yet
22. HBHB - 13% abv Russian Imperial Stout hopped to 91IBU with Marynka Polish Hops
23. Ballantyne Brew - malty liquid

Going but not swapping
kegs23
Batz
TidalPete
Florian
Ciderman

Up dating swap beer. I will give it another few weeks to get more funky and dry hop the crap out of it. It will be bottled morning of the swap.
SWAP BEERS ARE TO BE IN 740ml PET PLASTIC BOTTLES ONLY
1. Earle - red wheat saison
2. Beersuit - Bretted Farmhouse IPA
3. Liam_s - beer probably
4. Bradsbrew - Hazelnut Rocky Road Porter
5. lukiferj
6. tazman1967 Brett Saison
7. Parks - Motueka Lager
8. madpierre06 - Biggus Dikkus American Cream Ale
9. Seehuusen - Aussie Summer Saison
10. Winkle - some thing, Bisayan Maputi #2 maybe?
11. Angus - Sarcasm Wit
14. Meno - Twin Galaxy Blonde & Sahara Nirvana Golden Ale - now bottled and set aside.
15. NickB - An IPA, or a Lager, or a Weizen, or a Stout, or maybe a BlackHopfenStoutWeizen fermented as a Lager...
16.hwall95 - Springtime Saison
17.Robv - beer
18.benken25. burn down the barn (rauchbier saison)
20. BPH87 - Schwarzbier (Not attending)
21. Aydos - wouldn't have a bloody clue yet
22. HBHB - 13% abv Russian Imperial Stout hopped to 91IBU with Marynka Polish Hops
23. Ballantyne Brew - malty liquid[/font][/color]

Going but not swapping
kegs23
Batz
TidalPete
Florian
Ciderman

This might be a newby question, but those bottles that have funky yeasts in them, should I mark them for the future to not confuse with none funky bottles?
I guess what I'm asking is, does the funk stay in the bottles? I have been looking into brewing sour beers, and they talk about separating tools/fermenters for the sour style beers...

You could leave it longer but I think it should be ballanced fairly well once it's carbed up. It's been sitting for a couple of months now.

I wouldn't be using the funky bottles again unless it's for something funky.

I'm looking forward to having a few funked up PET bottles.. I've been in the habit of re-filling commercial funky beer bottles with something I have on tap & storing them in the laundry. Works well so far!

I'm either going to he swapping a smoked wiezen or and ipa, I'll decided once they are both done.

Sarcastic wits reporting for duty.
I have quite a few spares due to not measuring strike water correctly and still sparging recipe amount. Hence my wit is only 4.3%. Dumb arse!!
2 glass tallies at front, 6 spare pets, plus fast carb tester and fermentor dregs
in glass. I'm nervous about this one. :-|
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416140936.382459.jpg

Never brewed a wit before and made a few mistakes during brew day. I hate things not working properly...

Plus the quality of beers last time was pretty high, so it's a bit daunting.

It is very cloudy, so that's a good thing. Just being a bit silly, I guess.

I know how you feel Angus,

I'm nervous about my beers coming up to par at the swap too, especially as it's my first time swapping with you gents in person. But that's kinda what it's about isn't it? Getting a sense of what everyone else is doing, sharing learning and having a few drinks? Then maybe a few more...

I thought the idea was to have the beers ready to go for the day. Kinda why I hurried to put mine down weeks ago and they've been in the bottle for 3 weeks now. So what's everyone going to be drinking on the day? Just the best of what they have ready and on hand?

I'm also a bit bemused that Bradsbrew; our gracious host, has 4 urinals and 16 cubicals on hand... very convenient but why does one man have/need so many toilets?!

menoetes said:
I thought the idea was to have the beers ready to go for the day. Kinda why I hurried to put mine down weeks ago and they've been in the bottle for 3 weeks now. So what's everyone going to be drinking on the day? Just the best of they have ready and on hand?
It's certainly the best way to go. You don't want to be the guy who gives everyone an infected batch and can't tell because you haven't tried it beforehand.

Wits are best drunk fresh aren't they? :D

I swear some of the bottles felt harder this morning already. There was a fair yeast cake in the fermentor.

Latest posts

Back