QLD Christmas case swap - Dec 5th, 2015

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
antiphile said:
Well, it looks as though we're on the downhill run:

Swap beers OK
2 doz eggs & 1 kg bacon OK
Sleeping bag OK
Camping chair OK
Esky and beer glass OK
Extremely dark welding glasses so I never have to discover the truth about Liam's balls OK

Do I need condoms or do we throw caution to the wind and pray no-one has any communicable diseases?

Edited: And I did manage the pistol licence in time. So MadFrenchie, I suggest you refrain from asking whether that's a gun in my pocket.
condoms are a must. that Fattox is a bit of a grub. he claims he has been tested and its all good but i am skeptical

Ben, will there be a fridge available for food or are we best making sure that we have enough esky space for it?

Alrighty. Just back from Aldi. I've done some calculations (using a scientific approach -- so it can't be wrong). So to save everyone from having to bring things for breakfast and then carting most of it home again, I think I've pretty well go that meal covered (unless of course you have special dietary needs like All-Bran or Coffee) :)

1 kg shortcut bacon
2 doz eggs
2 doz bread rolls (I think our CrazyParisienne friend has got the ones for the previous nite organised)
18 (??) paper plates
18 (??) clear plastic cups
BBQ and Tomato sauce
Olive Oil for the BBQ and to keep Popeye happy

(Sorry, I forgot about plastic cutlery, but I'm a grub too so I should fit right in with Fattox.). I think Ben (?) said he might bring some sausages too, but hopefully we won't need too much more. Otherwise, we'll be there for days or weeks and it takes a long long time to get an eviction order acted upon.

Antiphile's Scientific Breakfast Requirement Calculator:
There's an expectation of around 24 people for the swap. 10% will wake up on Saturday morning and forget. Of the remaining, 5% will get towards the departure time and say "Oh, fork it! Get me another beer outta the fridge, kids!" So we're down to 21. Now, at about 2 am when everyone is looking for their car to sleep in whilst emitting a bright red glow that people in Warwick can read by, there's always someone who can't navigate and will sleep at the bottom of the nearest creek. So only 20 breakfast eaters left.

However, at least 30% of people won't be given "sleep-over permission slips" by their well-meaning partners. Of these 6, 5 will make it home (albeit with a re-arrangement of their car panels), and the other will be served breakfast in bed at the Toowoomba watch house. Of the remaining 14 contenders, one won't wake up before 3 pm, and another will think he did something so embarassing the previous night he won't be game to show his face.

So all in all, there'll be tons to eat for 12 breakfasts. QED.

Parks said:
Pretty sure Warwick is the only one to have had the pleasure of Liam's balls...

Angus' balls of sticky pleasure on the other hand!
Rule No.1 - Don't fall asleep during the caseswap

post-83-0-67948600-1387105277.jpg

BenKen25 said:
I might make some more salsa i think aydos enjoyed it last time :icon_drool2:
Ohh, I'll miss out on that, no hickups + tears, whilst frantically looking for milk haha that shit was lethal :p

/me makes mental note to avoid any salsas and dips (and any other type of dancing).

It's obvious he's only been affected by heat stroke. I can't make fun because I'm likely to be in adjacent chair.

Darling Downs and Granite Belt Regional Forecast:

Saturday 5 December
Sunny. Winds east to northeasterly 15 to 25 km/h becoming light during the morning then becoming east to southeasterly 15 to 20 km/h during the afternoon. Overnight temperatures falling to between 13 and 18 with daytime temperatures reaching 27 to 34.

antiphile said:
/me makes mental note to avoid any salsas and dips (and any other type of dancing).
with daytime temperatures reaching 27 to 34.
Mental note to also keep the fluid intake up

**SWAP BEERS ARE TO BE IN 740ml PET PLASTIC BOTTLES ONLY***

Swapping
1. Benken25 - grub ale
2. Fattox - Changed to Gose. Lagering fridge shit the bed
3. Liam_Snorkel - black brett saison
4. Earle - cascade amber ale
6. Lukiferj
7. luggy: hoppy saison
8. kegs- galaxy/maris otter smash pale ale (bottle conditioned) will be ready to drink
9. Fitzlp:; TBD
10. antiphile 1 - Extra Pale ESB
11. Angus - berlinner weisse
13. Nick B - beer. Yep. Should brew something soonish.
15. Ciderman - Best Bitter 4.4% 29ibu. Ready to drink.
16. Parks - Belgian Pale Ale
18. Dan Barrington - something good!
19. antiphile 2 - Edited 30/10/15: American Pale Ale or American IPA
20. BPH87 - Hefeweizen - Ready on the 16/12/2015
21. Seehuusen - Pineapple Torpedo - Pale Ale w. Wood Roasted Pineapple in secondary.
22. Aydos - Galaxy Pale Ale
23. Ballantyne - something smoked
24. madpierre06 - Longus Dongus Gladfields Cream Ale

Attending not swapping.
Beersuit will bring a keg of soured mullberry saison and a couch.

Foods.
$10 each for sweet, sweet lamb provided by Ben.
Snacks?
Bread rolls madpierre06 - 2 dozen - if you want seconds, bring your own :ph34r:

I'm in the throes of actually working out what to keg so I can carb and bottle it.... Dan B and I will be leaving here around 11ish, so should be there early Arvo.

Bringing the new party keg setup and a couple of kegs, and a Randall.

Should be a great day (the bits I remember anyway)

Is 20 the final swap number then?

BenKen25 said:
I cant figure out group message so i will post directions here. i am guessing everyone knows how to get to Toowoomba. follow James street through Toowoomba until you get to Anzac Avenue, turn left and follow it out of town should be signs saying Pittsworth. take the 3 turn off to Pittsworth Helens Street. follow that straight out past the golf course. keep following it about 15kms. the property name is Glenorminston its a set of cattle yards and a grid on your left. (i will put a star picket with a couple of cans of bitter on top to mark the spot :super: ) if you reach the bridge crossing the hodgson creek you have gone too far. message me on 0437466344 if you get lost. plan is to kick off between 1 an 2
hey Benny Boy, is this it?

https://www.google.com.au/maps/dir//LOT+2+Clifton-Pittsworth+Rd,+North+Branch+QLD+4356/@-27.8290852,151.67403,1001m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m8!4m7!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x6b97ca5d763a9d2d:0x7cddace41b85081c!2m2!1d151.676224!2d-27.82909

Batz said:
For what?
Oops. I hope I haven't blurted out something I shouldn't have. I assumed BenKen told everyone there was going to be compulsory urine testing before the swap. Boy! Don't I feel stupid now.

Back