QLD Christmas case swap - Dec 5th, 2015

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, Ben. Let's pretend (and remember we're only pretending :unsure: ) I'm an absolute idiot. From Brissy, it looks as though it's better to go through Toowoomba (down Ruthven St ?) rather than over the Gap. Is that right?

Then, south to Pittsworth and turn left toward Felton. And at about 15 km past Pittsworth, keep going until I smell the farts of you guys (I suspect I won't smell the lamb on the spit until much later in the afternoon).

Am I getting close or should I just book a room at the Greenmount?

So looks like we have 20 swappers unless we get more pull out in the next few days.

**SWAP BEERS ARE TO BE IN 740ml PET PLASTIC BOTTLES ONLY***

Swapping
1. Benken25 - grub ale
2. Fattox - Changed to Gose. Lagering fridge shit the bed
3. Liam_Snorkel - somethings smoked or bretty, either way it'll be dank
4. Earle - cascade amber ale
6. Lukiferj
7. luggy: hoppy saison
8. kegs- galaxy/maris otter smash pale ale (bottle conditioned) will be ready to drink
9. Fitzlp:; TBD
10. antiphile 1 - Extra Pale ESB
11. Angus - berlinner weisse
13. Nick B - beer. Yep. Should brew something soonish.
15. Ciderman - Best Bitter 4.4% 29ibu. Ready to drink.
16. Parks - Belgian Pale Ale
18. Dan Barrington - something good!
19. antiphile 2 - Edited 30/10/15: American Pale Ale or American IPA
20. BPH87 -Hefeweizen
21. Seehuusen - Pineapple Torpedo - Pale Ale w. Wood Roasted Pineapple in secondary.
22. Aydos - Galaxy Pale Ale
23. Ballantyne - something smoked
24. madpierre06 - Longus Dongus Gladfields Cream Ale

Attending not swapping.
Beersuit will bring a keg of soured mullberry saison and a couch.

Foods.
$10 each for sweet, sweet lamb provided by Ben.
Snacks?
Bread rolls?

Looking at the posts, I think you're bloody close. Of course, I realise that means it may costl a few more bucks for the lovely lamb (and the rolls and all the other stuff that deserves to go with it etc etc), But there is absolutely no way that will stop me (or anyone else, I suspect) from enjoying a good country feed. I really don't want any of you guys to be out of pocket just because some people aren't able to attend for whatever reason.

See ya soonish.

Swapping
1. Benken25 - grub ale
3. Liam_Snorkel - somethings smoked or bretty, either way it'll be dank
6. Lukiferj
8. kegs- galaxy/maris otter smash pale ale (bottle conditioned) will be ready to drink
20. BPH87 -Hefeweizen
21. Seehuusen - Pineapple Torpedo - Pale Ale w. Wood Roasted Pineapple in secondary.

Attending not swapping.

Foods.
Snacks?
Bread rolls madpierre06 - 2 dozen - if you want seconds, bring your own :ph34r:

I have NFI how to get there but I'll be looking out for the smoke signals.

Beers will be bottled up this week in glass for all the newbies to the swap!

I'll be there around 2 ish I reckon because I finish work at 12. My keg might he a bit hot by then but it's all I can do since I won't have a fridge to put it in while I'm working.

updated beer

Swapping
1. Benken25 - grub ale
3. Liam_Snorkel - black brett saison
6. Lukiferj
20. BPH87 -Hefeweizen

Attending not swapping.

Foods.
Snacks?
Bread rolls madpierre06 - 2 dozen - if you want seconds, bring your own :ph34r:

I will pm every one some directions and an address tonight

Parks said:
Foods.
Snacks?
Bread rolls?
Just a suggestion that everyone bring some snacks to contribute. I'm guessing that it'll be a long way to the nearest corner store.

earle said:
Just a suggestion that everyone bring some snacks to contribute. I'm guessing that it'll be a long way to the nearest corner store.
Also stuff for breakfast

Top idea guys, and good forward thinking.

Oooh. A quick question. If I were to bring plenty of eggs and bacon, are there any facilities (like a BBQ or similar) that may be suitable? Not to disrespect Liam, but my ancestors didn't spend thousands of millennia crawling to the top of the food chain to eat like a chook! B)

I cant figure out group message so i will post directions here. i am guessing everyone knows how to get to Toowoomba. follow James street through Toowoomba until you get to Anzac Avenue, turn left and follow it out of town should be signs saying Pittsworth. take the 3 turn off to Pittsworth Helens Street. follow that straight out past the golf course. keep following it about 15kms. the property name is Glenorminston its a set of cattle yards and a grid on your left. (i will put a star picket with a couple of cans of bitter on top to mark the spot :super: ) if you reach the bridge crossing the hodgson creek you have gone too far. message me on 0437466344 if you get lost. plan is to kick off between 1 an 2

antiphile said:

Oooh. A quick question. If I were to bring plenty of eggs and bacon, are there any facilities (like a BBQ or similar) that may be suitable? Not to disrespect Liam, but my ancestors didn't spend thousands of millennia crawling to the top of the food chain to eat like a chook! B)
yep will be a bbq there for breakfast. i am guessing there will be a few staying the night. i will grab some sassages or something

antiphile said:

Ahhh, but you obviousl;y haven't had Liam's balls. The AllBran is to facilitate passing of said balls.

madpierre06 said:
Ahhh, but you obviousl;y haven't had Liam's balls. The AllBran is to facilitate passing of said balls.
Pretty sure Warwick is the only one to have had the pleasure of Liam's balls...

Angus' balls of sticky pleasure on the other hand!

Parks said:

Ahhb yeah, that's right. Sorry, a couple Pine trees and a belgian pale have interfered with coherent thought. Probably helped contriubte to elsewhere mentined hop snafu as well :beerbang: .

Parks said:

Will be doing a double batch of balls. I am also thinking about doing a squeeze bottle of sauce so it can be applied to other food stuffs.

Or to Liam's balls for Warwick. What happens in Toowoomba!! :ph34r:

Thinking of bringing some bacon-wrapped water-chestnut snacks. It may be heresy but I think they may be better than the sticky balls.

I might make some more salsa i think aydos enjoyed it last time :icon_drool2:

Well, it looks as though we're on the downhill run:

Swap beers OK
2 doz eggs & 1 kg bacon OK
Sleeping bag OK
Camping chair OK
Esky and beer glass OK
Extremely dark welding glasses so I never have to discover the truth about Liam's balls OK

Do I need condoms or do we throw caution to the wind and pray no-one has any communicable diseases?

Edited: And I did manage the pistol licence in time. So MadFrenchie, I suggest you refrain from asking whether that's a gun in my pocket.

Latest posts

Back