Perth Brewday

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Goat said:
I was kinda hoping that everyone was too pissed to remember the forgetting of the yeast !

Don't worry Goat it wouldn't be a good brewday without at least one stuffup!!!

Sandgropers,

As i said last time its long overdue for me to host an AHB brewday for the West Aussie brewers. Im am thinking either the 16th or the 23rd of July. Itll be nice and chilly, but good lager brewing temps and nice cold water for efficient CF chilling!. Can i have a show of hands who a) who would be keen to come and B) what day is preferable. Im sure there is some way to set up a vote button but thats beyond me at present.

I will probably go the double brew day, provided my trusty brew slave is on duty for the day. What to brew then....Im thinking maybe an oktoberfest and a pilsner, maybe a Bopills. I'll take a keg to Deebees for the oktoberfest day later in the year. So my thoughts are since you will all be drinking it, you can provide input to its recipe. I will post a first pass oktoberfest recipe once ive put it together.

Im located in East Vic Park, if you know where the Balmoral Pub is then your about 5 minutes walk to my house.

Cheers.

Al.

Sounds great BigAl, just double check with GL, as he was thinking of doing his hot rocks thing sometime around there.

But as they always say, 2 brewdays are better than one.

I'll be up for it as long as I can swing my oncall roster to accomodate it.

Sounds great - I'm in.

As for preferred dates; I'd go for the 16th - the reason being that its sooner :)

barfridge said:
Sounds great BigAl, just double check with GL, as he was thinking of doing his hot rocks thing sometime around there.
[post="63846"][/post]​

I spoke with GL at the wcb meeting the other night discussing the finer details of handling red hot rocks. GL said that he would have to postpone until next year due to work commitments

Ausdb

PS I should have my sh$t together to have one in August if Deebees is in September

When was BigD coming down to perth? This may be the same time? BigD?

I'm in....

Either date works for me

Double hey! I'd like to see that.... Not that you cant do it.... I've seen it many a time... But everyone elase will be pi$$sed by the end of brew 2!!!
Bags not carrying anyone home....

Asher for now

Asher said:
I'm in....

Double hey! I'd like to see that.... Not that you cant do it.... I've seen it many a time... But everyone elase will be pi$$sed by the end of brew 2!!!
Bags not carrying anyone home....

[post="63905"][/post]​

Don't be Namby Pambys go for a tripple ! :party: :super:

Batz.....wish I could attend , have a good one guys

Batz -

In case you are not familiar with Perth Brewdays the format is pretty much one where the " Gruit Herren" runs around doing all the work and the rest of the Yobs stand around offering unwelcome advice and tips. All this while the spectators consume everything over 6% before 2pm then start complaing that the barbie should have been lit by now.
It can get messy and a 3 brew day is a challenge but I'm sure Al and the Brew Bitch are up to it.
Now where did I put my fake comedy breasts and Beer mug.
:lol:

Yep, I'm a bit busy to organise one at the moment but I'll go to one. Either date would work for me, although I am less likely to have to be away on the 16th. I'd be interested in a kegging masterclass while we are there as well.

hi all,
Yeh 16th sounds good to me!
Case

Sounds great guys :) , looks like we have a good number keen, the 16th July sounds like the favoured date, so lets lock it in.

So far i have:

Goat
GL
Deebee
Jase
Sinkas
VTPA
Asher
Ausdb
Barfridge

I'll PM you guys my address and contact details. If any other Perth brewers are keen, give me a shout.

As for timing, anywhere from 10am onwards. If im doing the double i will be up at the crack of dawn :blink:

I'll get some snags for the barby and buns etc. If anyone feels like bringing any other specials, i hazely recall some tasty chicken pieces at Lincolns place ;) , then go right ahead.

Cheers.

Al.

The tasty chicken wings are courtesy of Mrs TonyM, and they're fantastic. I just noticed he's not on the list so far, so I'm beginning to get worried

I had better PM him and make sure those chicken wings, i mean Tony, is coming.

Just came back from Rotto blokes, so didnt pick up this thread. EnidM is at present in Prague playing Grandmothers. I dont know if she will be back in time to cook chook. Am I still invited?

What do you reckon guys? SHould we invite Tony along?
I vote we should, his Vienna and his Kolsch are pretty fantastic, and I bet he's got something else up his sleeve by now as well.

Latest posts

Back