Australia Day/birthday Bbq And Brew Day Brisbane

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm, forecast (for Brissy at least) looks like rain and storms for at least the next week....

Good luck!

Cheers

Why do I ge the impression that the brew day might be doomed...????

Could it be the torrential downpour that looks set to continue onto next week, or the torrential downpour that is happening right now, or the renewed flooding....

Hope it's all still a go for Thursday....

Happy Australia Day indeed!

Cheers

Damn QLD Summer rain.. :angry:

Looks like I'll be fixing my roof which nearly fell in with the weight of water behind it that leaked on. I had to drill some relief holes just now to allow it do drain before it collapsed.

Not Happy

Bugger :( Hope it's a quick fix and you can still make it on Thurs...

Cheers

I'll be there (admittedly, will be taking it slightly easy though)

...pfft, soft! :p

See you at BABBS Nick, but not on thurs im afraid, jumping in a plane.

Skydiving in this weather? You're game!

rain has canned my breaky bbq so it's made me more likely to show up. even if there's flooding I should be right, only one creek between mine and yours and my old hilux has experience with flood waters and hasn't let me down yet. Worst case if I'm flooded in I've got 80L of my own to keep me hydrated until help arrives.

I will be there in my Driz-a-bone, I might not even bother putting pants on....

Proper sus-like.

Nick if it's still on, I'd like to come to the demo as it will be my first. Let me know what to bring
Cheers, adam

No worries adam, will PM you the address...

Just bring any meat other than snags that you want, and some bottles or a keg if you want to (no compulsory).

Otherwise, just bring an open mind :)

Cheers

Nick

Oh, and a warped sense of humour/love of sheep will be appreciated by some of the attendees.... ;)

Cheers

Apologies Nick et al, I'm staying in Toowoomba today and tomorrow on account of the weather and potential for flooding/ stranding etc. I'm sure you'll all manage though, so have fun you chaps! :icon_drunk:

No worries mate, better to be safe than sorry!

Just thinking I haven't done a recipe for the brew tomorrow yet! Might go a double batch of Ordinary Bitter with some EKG, Styrians and Bramling Cross.... Will whip up a recipe when I get home from TAFE this arvo....

Getting close now!!

Cheers

Why do I ge the impression that the brew day might be doomed...????
Could it be the torrential downpour that looks set to continue onto next week, or the torrential downpour that is happening right now, or the renewed flooding....
Happy Australia Day indeed!

Cheers

Good to see this summer weather returning to the days of my youth Nickster (without any serious residential flooding of course -- but that's another topic for discussion. <_< Lots of floods do more good than harm). :super:
Better rain than drought & nothing like a few cyclones this time of the year to ease any pontential water shortages & help the farmers on their way.
Only showers + the odd thunderstorm expected tomorrow mate so It's all systems GO at Murarrie I would expect? :party:
See you at the station. :icon_cheers:

TP

No worries Pete... All systems go still!!!

Assume you're still getting in at 9:43? Have you confirmed that with Translink... Not sure if they're on a standard Sunday timetable or a special Aussie Day one...

Cheers

No worries Pete... All systems go still!!!

Assume you're still getting in at 9:43? Have you confirmed that with Translink... Not sure if they're on a standard Sunday timetable or a special Aussie Day one...

Cheers

Still to confirm after stumps versus the currymunchers but all QLD public holidays have always run to a Sunday timetable in my lifetime mate although with that bitch of a woman in charge destroying this great State who knows what will happen next?
In the extremely unlikely event that times have changed I'll PM you tonight.
Looking forward to this one Nickster & once again AVH Thirtyith B'day to Yoouuuuuu!

TP

Latest posts

Back