Australia Day/birthday Bbq And Brew Day Brisbane

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First beer was a wine strenght Acerola Tarwe,
ace.JPG
ain't going nowhere now :icon_drunk:
This is being blended with a bright red one into the 40 litre keg, I'll save you a bottle.

thanks Nick! Great day even if i did have to bail. have fun boys! hopefully this time next year I'll have a deck to host something.

Quote of the day.

Olde Tidal Pete:
I can't remember, but...

it's a grapefruit

"pull my finger" :icon_vomit:

I'm coming, honest!

I just put tidal on a train at central...
Look after urself pete, u dunno how long it will be before the museum needs ur skin....

Back home now, wasn't expecting the MIL to be there at pick up.
Great day anyway, thanks to Mr. (Errhhmm) and Mrs NickB to hosting this event.

Can't believe Mr and Mrs W. Missed out, must be getting old, hey?

Thanks Nick for the show. Sorry for the short visit but it was good to put a face to the names King Brown Brewing, NickB and Florian

Thanks again NickB next time I should have the hand break off and get amongst it a bit more. The few beers I did have were hitting the spot but would of loved to get stuck in. me wee one was asleep b4 the end of your street and Bella had agood time to.

Hi nick just quick question the big pot you had $100 one. What size was it and do you think it would take the roar of a Italian spiral burner? I do have a keg ready to convert and realise that the pot not top quality. But for double batch biab it looks the go. Did you get your two cubes?

Thanks Nick, was good to meet you and the rest of the guys!

Thanks to everyone for coming along! Had a great time catching up with the regulars, meeting some of the newbies, and generally drinking too much ;)

Oh, and we made some beer too :)

@jameson - The pot I got was approx 95L, and I wouldn't trust those pots for direct fire (too thin), especially something med or high pressure. I'd only contemplate using one with a fixed element or two in it - in fact that's what I'm gonna do... The same shop does have 70L versions though, and they seem a little more heavy duty and pretty good value at $80...

Cheers

Belated thanks to Mr & Mrs Nickster for an most enjoyable day. :icon_cheers:
Good to see a few of the regulars again & meet those brewers I hadn't met before. :beer:

TP

Back