Nsw State And Castle Hill Comp 2010

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, yep, of course only joking people. :icon_cheers:

Results should be posted on here this evening as long as I don't fall into a deep sleep on the couch. :chug:

Nice one Stu.

If I wasn't at work, I might have had time to bite.

Thanks for organising, and thanks to all involved, congrats to the winners.

You got me stu!

Laughing now of course! Was dirty before realizing though. Ha ha!

Thanks so much for putting this on, big thanks to the judges and stewards for putting all the time and effort in too. 400 entries is a major effort! Hopefully I can lend a hand next time around.

Cheers

Thanks Stu for excellent organising- 400+ entries made for 2 long days. Thanks to Heather for lunch & the the other judges also for their efforts.

cheers

Stu - Thanks for all your work - you desrve a variety of medals and if you can't be humouros in a way that is EASILY understood by anyone who is thinking about it I think that is a little sad for them. Well done and thanks.
Cheers

stu ive got a bottle sitting here for you and ill drop it off some time. im sure you will enjoy it.

So, here are the full results. Hope all is clear but do let me know if there are any issues.

View attachment NSW_and_Castle_Hill_Comp_Results.pdf

There really were some great beers there this weekend. The standard of brewing seems to be improving greatly to me. Well done to all place getters and there were also a lot of very fine beers that didn't even place. :beer:

damn a hc on my 3 week in the bottle ouid bruin damn thats good. cant wait to try the keg in another 6 months.
just a quick one are the scores out of 100 stu.
good work to all the judges and stewards.
congrates to kelly and graham on the first place

Thanks very much Stu and well done.

Can you pls confirm the placing for category two - the points and the placing don't seem to match up.

Congratulations to all involved and placegetters. From my end it all ran like a well oiled machine.

Cheers
Rod

Congrats all, and in particular to Justin Murphy with his Eisbock. I managed to taste a tiny sample, and it was really, really amazing.

It looks like i won 1st place in the Pilsner Category (pick my self up off the floor). Unfortunately my last keg just blew. Could i enter a Oktoberfest that has just carbed up in the Nationals?

A big thanks is indeed needed for the hard working organizers that do a great and speedy job. Congrats and thanks for the hard yards.

TYVM Damian

Thanks very much Stu and well done.

Can you pls confirm the placing for category two - the points and the placing don't seem to match up.

Congratulations to all involved and placegetters. From my end it all ran like a well oiled machine.

Cheers
Rod

Rod, yep, just to recap from the notes on page 2, the points and the placings don't match up due to the best-of-category round. 4-5 beers that scored the highest were judged separately at the end by 2 experienced judges and placed 1,2, 3 and HC.

To reduce variation between tables of judges, winners of each flight were decided by best-of-flight rounds between the best few beers. Thus, the highest placing beer may not necessarily be the winner of the round.

Jon, yep that Eisbock was delicious. Well done, Justin.

And well done to barls. Yep, scores are out of 100. Two judges out of 50.

And Damian, sorry but you can't enter an Oktoberfest as that is not in the pilsner category. You can enter any beer from that category, 3, but that's all.

A big thanks to Stu, I don't know how he did all the organisation before and during the comp so well. And lets not forget Phil (OK lets forget him :D ). No, Phil never stopped either making sure the comp went so well.
It was great to see the Newcastle judges make the trip down for the two days.(they're really into the disco music).
Heather made sure we were all looked after exceptionally well.
A great comp, and I am really happy I had a chance to judge in it.

Thanks to all for the organising. Sorry Stu that I couldnt make it, maybe next year.

Stupid question, but Im new at this comp thing. What does HC mean?

Congrats to Barry for Champ Brewer and Justin for BOS,

Another big thanks to stu for running this comp.

Im a happy camper, 2 2nds, a 3rd and a HC

Cheers boys

Thanks to all for the organising. Sorry Stu that I couldnt make it, maybe next year.

Stupid question, but Im new at this comp thing. What does HC mean?

Ted, HC means you brew good beer!!

It stands for Highly Commended, unlucky not to place mate.

cheers

Cheers to Stuster & the rest of the crew for giving up their time. Much appreciated.

:icon_cheers:

Hats off to all the judges for running this comp, and congrats to all the winners!

Big thanks to Stu and all the judges and stewards, sounds like a big couple of days!

Sorry again I couldn't help out Stu, would loved to have been there.

Sam

Cheers to Stu, judges and stewards. It was awesome to be able to be a part of the judging. It was a BIG couple of days.

We are super stoked with our placings :) and congrats to all the winners :icon_cheers:

K&G

Well done to all winners and place getters on their success and to all the other people for having a go. To the judges and stewards, well done. And to Stu and the team, as always, you know you have my greatest respect for what you have done. Sorry I couldn't be there, it wasn't by choice.

And to those few who really showed how stupid some people can be, by blowing up over Stu's humour .. (posted at 6.17pm after two days of judging and many prior in sorting, carting , carrying and cooling ) .. fair dinkum, you blokes really need to have a look at yourselves.

get_a_life_button_p145298352238472256tmn2_210.jpg

Back