Nsw State And Castle Hill Comp 2010

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've just spoken to Heather from the Castle Hill show who is involved with our competition. She hopes to post out the judging sheets tomorrow (after getting them into envelopes starting at 9pm tonight). So should be to entrants by the end of the week.

Still working on some of the prizes but they will all be out soon hopefully. :beerbang:

Nice score DK! After seeing that Potter's gift, I'm gutted I didn't win!
Still, at least I'm not totally hanging out for my results this time round.

Judges sheets arrived today. I'm enjoying re-evaluating the beers with the notes in front of me...or maybe I'm just enjoying the beers ;)
Thanks heaps Stuster.

got mine as well. only found one comment that was out of place and that was the one about a burnt taste in my wurtenburger ale which doesnt fit any pale ale category.

Ive got my too. The feed back is invaluable, thanks again guys.

Got mine too. Can I say a big thanks to all the judges. The comments and criticism on my beers were very informative and helpful.
And the tick on "wonderful" for my Amber Ale made my day! :icon_cheers:

Also received my feedback today in the mail.
Good to see where my IPA's went wrong...never noticed an significant diacetyl in them, but i'll have to check...

I received mine today too.

A huge thanks to Stu for running a great comp.

I also want to thank the judges for their insightful and considered comments. The feedback was consistent, accurate and you picked a number of faults which I wasn't aware of, in particular style faults. In all the comps I've entered (25+) this is collectively the best feedback I've received. Cheers guys.

Hope you can read my Doctors scrawl. B) :ph34r:

Any issue drop me & line & I'll try & help decypher / recall.

I have to say there were some great beers entered which made judging both enjoyable as well as challenging.

Congrats to all.

Philip

You were right Phil, an over reliance on carared, need more munich. :icon_cheers:

Received my feedback sheets today. Some great thoughtful and more importantly, helpful feedback provided by the judges once again. Thanks very much to all who were involved in particular Stu for his organisation.

I would like to acknowledge the important role that the judges and comps such as the Castle Hill comp play in assisting brewers such as myself in modifying and refining our beers. Living in a regional area, I dont have the opportunity to share my beers with many like-minded people on a regular basis and I rely on this kind of feedback to assist me in creating better beers. The feedback is invaluable and the prizes are a welcome bonus.

thanks very much :icon_chickcheers:

Judging sheets arrived yesterday. Thanks to all for the extensive comments. I can even decipher yours Phil.

I'm enjoying going through all my beers and seeing where they can improve for competition. Mostly my beers were let down by style errors, which is okay. The most important thing is I like what I'm drinking.

My thanks also to the judges & especially Stu. The notes are elaborate & helpful - must have been a big job writing 413 of those!

Received my feedback yesterday. This is exactly why I entered! :icon_cheers:

I have learned a lesson though, Don't enter a beer that will get judged after being in the bottle only 2.5 weeks. I had one of my beers as I was reading the judging sheets and it didn't add up at all. Although, I remember what it tasted like at that time and I can adjust from that.

Thanks again to all involved.
:beer:

Yes the feed back was great. Thnx Judges.

Prepare for my beers again next year. Fully remasterd.

You were right Phil, an over reliance on carared, need more munich. :icon_cheers:

I've been able to offer useful advice "The Master" B) impressed that you could decipher that from whatever I wrote! lol

Latest posts

Back