Nsw State And Castle Hill Comp 2010

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Stu - just wondering if judges comments will be posted to entrants and when that might happen?

Suspect I had a few that deviated a bit from style. Also had one i thought was off (along with 2 that were supposed to be) that did relatively well. The feedback will be interesting.

Big thanks to everyone that made it come together - well done.

Congratulations to everyone who got a gong! I'm looking forward to entering some beers next year.

Hey Stu - just wondering if judges comments will be posted to entrants and when that might happen?

As soon as possible for sure. I've been at the BJCP judging course tonight so nothing done now. Will try to do more tomorrow but also other life has to happen as well, but judges comments will definitely be sent out.

Looks like my wooden spoon 'American Brown' was definately out of style - judging from the numbers I thought I had left of some beers I'd put into the same box, it was either an American IPA or a Dubbel! There is no excuse for poor labelling - looking forward to seeing how much I confused the judges on that one!

Thanks to Stu and all the team of judges for giving up your time. This was my first major comp and I am looking forward to the feedback from those that know a hell of a lot more about brewing than me! Extract brews this year...full mash next year (actually did a Robust Porter this morning, got to love paternity leave!)

Well done Barry and Justin! Looking forward to trying some of your beers Barry as well as P1's on Friday...don't disappoint boys.

Chris :kooi:

Wit - Sorry to disappoint I will be on plane on Friday. I will try to leave a couple of "also rans" at ESB for you guys to try

P1

Just a reminder to all those who placed (1,2,3 only, not HC) in this comp, you are eligible to enter the national competition. You can enter any beer in the same category in which you have placed. So if you have placed in the pale ale category (6) you can enter a beer in any of the 6 sub-categories/styles. The entry form in either PDF or Word format is on the AABC website just below the map. Entry cut-off date is Saturday 16th October so you still have some time.

With judging sheets and certificates, I have done my part and all is sorted and to the show people. They will need some time to do whatever they need to do but hopefully it will all be posted out in the next little while. Patience though. There was a big stack of papers.

I do know that some of the winners won't have too long to wait. Potters has posted out a great package to two category winners and Dave's Home Brew is on the case as well. Hoping to get all the other prizes out soon (still waiting on some to arrive to me). Would like to see pictures from some of the winners. :)

I have already received a gift voucher from Dave of Dave's Home Brew. Very much appreciated.

Just received a very generous package from Keith up at Potter's this morning for the dark lager category. Likewise, it is very much appreciated!

...Just wondering if anyone had put up their hand as a NSW drop off point for the nationals, or is it down to the individual to get entries there?

Cheers.

Can you put me down for a 1st in a category every year.
The prize from Keith at the Hunter Beer Co was bloody amazing!
Thanks again to everyone involved.
DK

Any Idea when the score sheets are sent out ???. I kind of need to know to know where I went wrong.

Cheers

Scoresheets and certificates were all sorted and sent to the show people on Tuesday. However, it has to go through the show people and I know they haven't been there this week. I will pass on your concerns (and I totally understand) and hope to get them to move it along but there's not much I can do directly at the moment.

Potters were extremely generous. Would love to see some photos if you have taken any, DK. :)

Potters were extremely generous. Would love to see some photos if you have taken any, DK. :)

photo.JPG

Having the Kolsch now.
Brilliant!
DK

Wow that IS a generous prize, well done Dave. Black IPA yeah?? Have you posted the recipe anywhere mate??

EDIT: HA HA I see your recipe thread DK, well done mate!!

Cheers

Latest posts

Back