Nsw State And Castle Hill Comp 2010

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stuster

Big mash up
Reaction score
This is to announce the NSW State Competition for 2010 will be run as part of the Castle Hill and Hills District Show Competition 2010/11. The full details are in the flyer below.

Entries close at the start of next month. There are a great range of prizes for winners as noted in the flyer and thanks to all the support from these companies.

There should be a good number of very experienced and (new but keen) judges at the show and we hope to provide detailed, constructive feedback to entrants on the beers they enter. If you are interested in acting as a judge or steward in the competition please let me know by PM or by email (if you haven't already). I will try to ensure as many people as possible are able to participate in that.

Pleas ask here for more details or PM me if you have any questions.

Good luck to all. :beer:

View attachment NSW_and_Castle_Hill_Comp_Flyer_2010.pdf

Cheers Stuster.

Any reason why AABC 18.7 "Other Speciality" isn't included as a style?

No idea why that had fallen off there. 18.7 is definitely included and PDF now includes it. Thanks for pointing that out goatherder. :beerbang:

what category is mead again stu

what category is mead again stu

It's not in this year, barls. With 18 categories for the AABC, I thought that was enough. :(

Should be back in the Castle Hill comp next year. :)

theres half my entries then :(

Hi Stu,

No American Amber this year?

Cheers
Andrew.

American Amber is not in the AABC for the last couple of years. Not Stu's doing, but I find it a strange decision because it is a great style IMHO. Only because I like it. :)

Also Stuster, what category would this fit into if any?

44L
Measured Original Gravity: 1.045 SG
Measured Final Gravity: 1.013 SG
Actual Alcohol by Vol: 4.17 %

Amount Item Type % or IBU
8.15 kg Pilsner (Weyermann) (3.3 EBC) Grain 94.22 %
0.50 kg Cara-Pils/Dextrine (3.9 EBC) Grain 5.78 %
57.00 gm Northern Brewer [8.50 %] (90 min) Hops 33.7 IBU
10.00 gm Hallertauer Hersbrucker [4.00 %] (15 min) Hops 0.7 IBU
16.00 gm Motueka (B Saaz) [6.80 %] (15 min) Hops 2.0 IBU
14.00 gm Motueka (B Saaz) [6.80 %] (1 min) Hops 1.1 IBU
14.00 gm Tettnang [2.80 %] (1 min) Hops 0.5 IBU
4 Pkgs SafLager German Lager (DCL Yeast #S-189) Yeast-Lager

TYVM Damian

Also Stuster, what category would this fit into if any?

44L
Measured Original Gravity: 1.045 SG
Measured Final Gravity: 1.013 SG
Actual Alcohol by Vol: 4.17 %

Amount Item Type % or IBU
8.15 kg Pilsner (Weyermann) (3.3 EBC) Grain 94.22 %
0.50 kg Cara-Pils/Dextrine (3.9 EBC) Grain 5.78 %
57.00 gm Northern Brewer [8.50 %] (90 min) Hops 33.7 IBU
10.00 gm Hallertauer Hersbrucker [4.00 %] (15 min) Hops 0.7 IBU
16.00 gm Motueka (B Saaz) [6.80 %] (15 min) Hops 2.0 IBU
14.00 gm Motueka (B Saaz) [6.80 %] (1 min) Hops 1.1 IBU
14.00 gm Tettnang [2.80 %] (1 min) Hops 0.5 IBU
4 Pkgs SafLager German Lager (DCL Yeast #S-189) Yeast-Lager

TYVM Damian
German Pils?

Probably agree with Josh on that one. Really depends on how those NZ hops come across. Have a look at the guidelines for that style while drinking the beer and see if you think it fits. If the hops are very noticeable and strongly citrusy, you could enter it in the Other Specialty category as a New Zealand Pilsner or something like that.

Stu, would 2x330mL bottles for an entry be OK or would i need to provide 3?

Hi Stu,

No American Amber this year?

Cheers
Andrew.

American Amber is not in the AABC for the last couple of years. Not Stu's doing, but I find it a strange decision because it is a great style IMHO. Only because I like it. :)
Same situation here. Could this be judged under 18.7 Other Specialty?
p.s. Sorry Stu, can't help out this year - SWMBO's Birthday

Excellent! Looking forward to it.

Bit of a shame that the mead catagory isn't there...would love to hear what the judges think...i'll submit some "normal" beers instead. :p

Couldn't see it on the form, but was there a limit of beers per style?
I have 2 Imperial IPA's that I was considering entering...can't decide which one I like better.

Same situation here. Could this be judged under 18.7 Other Specialty?

Definitely can be put in with Other Specialty beers. I'm with Barry. We need to stage a sit-in protest at the ANHC about it. Preferably in a place where they are serving beers. ;)

Barls and Muggus, yep, I agree it's a shame about the mead category. Just too hard to fit in I'm afraid. Maybe we can organise an unofficial category. Can anybody who is interested let me know by PM.

Yep, another thing missed about the beers per style but we would appreciate just two beers per style, Muggus. So two IIPAs it can be. Is that IIIIPA?

This is to announce the NSW State Competition for 2010 will be run as part of the Castle Hill and Hills District Show Competition 2010/11. The full details are in the flyer below.

View attachment 40133

Hi Stu,
Just a note for your readers re drop-off pts in Peakhurst.

ESB Brewing Supplies is not open on Saturdays.

The Brewshop on Henry Lawson Drive is open on Saturdays.

Rgds,
Peter

Latest posts

Back