Nsw State And Castle Hill Comp 2010

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Stu,

What time do judges/stewards need to be at the showgrounds?

Cheers
Hewy

Good question, hewy. I've notified most by email but just for those I've missed.

We want judges to get there around 9am for a start at 9:30 sharp. The judging should hopefully be finished by 4pm. That's for both days. Lunch should be around 12.30.

The judging is in the Federation Pavillion which is in the main building. Pretty easy to finish. Just go straight ahead from the entrance until you see some disreputable characters in that building on the left opposite the main ring. PM me on here if you need more directions and/or for my mobile number just in case.

Looking forward to it. Should be busy but fun. :icon_cheers:

Having a few calibration beers now - just to warm up

P1

A big cheers to all the stewards and judges who have been slaving away at the comp for the last 2 days (and probably still are). I would like to pass on my gratitude, as for someone who lives too far away to travel and assist, I really do appreciate your efforts in running this comp and providing brewers such as myself some very professional feedback.

Cheers

Unfortunately, due to a miss communication with the show society, we will not be able to release the results of the comp until early next year when the rest of the show results are given out.

This will mean that entrants will be able to enter the national competition for 2011 instead of 2010 as originally hoped. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

:rolleyes:

I think I might rescind that big thankyou for a much smaller one

What was someone saying on friday about getting too warmed up???????

WTF???? That's a ridiculous situation.... This is a joke right?

Unfortunately, due to a miss communication with the show society, we will not be able to release the results of the comp until early next year when the rest of the show results are given out.

This will mean that entrants will be able to enter the national competition for 2011 instead of 2010 as originally hoped. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

i still think that you will have to release the results for 2010 due to the statements for condition of entry on the forms

This competition will act as the NSW State Homebrewing Competition for 2010 and the qualifying competition for the AABC National Competition.

and also
Provision of Awards
:

Results will be mailed to exhibitors after 19
th September 2010 with tasting sheets and sponsor prizes. Results will also be posted on the AHB website (www.ahb.com.au) following the completion of judging.

Ok, yep, of course only joking people. :icon_cheers:

Results should be posted on here this evening as long as I don't fall into a deep sleep on the couch. :chug:

Mate, you have to be kidding. Who is the CLOWN in the Show Society who has made this decision?

I hate to think what reaction you are also going to get from your sonsors.

You are going to have a riot on your hands buddy.

I can tell you from my opinion that if this is the case I will be demanding my entry fees back and would NEVER enter the comp. again.

I have been running the Bathurst Comp. as you know. Before we made it a stand alone comp. we ran it in conjuction with the Bathurst Show Society. It was always run a few weeks before the show and results were always given out straight after the comp.

It really amazes me who the WANKER is that has made this decision.

I am not having a go at you mate, but you are going to have a war on your hands.

Best of luck

The Bigfella

:ph34r: :blink: :unsure:

I saw it as a joke

Ok, yep, of course only joking people. :icon_cheers:

Results should be posted on here this evening as long as I don't fall into a deep sleep on the couch. :chug:

Mate, I just ripped it in to you and I am afraid you deserve it.

Why on earth would you put such a ridiculous statement on a forum for us all to read and then say it was a joke.

Well, this fat duck did not find it funny at all as I would think most of the other entrants didn't either.

I think you really over stepped the mark this time.

That's my opinion and that's that.

The Bigfella

Why on earth would you put such a ridiculous statement on a forum for us all to read and then say it was a joke.

Well, this fat duck did not find it funny at all as I would think most of the other entrants didn't either.

The Bigfella

If the joke wasn't funny, the responses definatlly are! :lol:

The Bigfella

Sorry you took it that way. It was meant in fun and the first post did have an emoticon to show that. It was just a gentle poke at the people who are often asking for results even before the judging is completed (thankfully nobody did). Anyway, it was at the end of a long and very tiring weekend and I'm sorry if it came across the wrong way to anybody. Working away at my spreadsheet as the moment.

It was just a gentle poke at the people who are often asking for results even before the judging is completed (thankfully nobody did).

I was biting my arm off not to.
Still... you *******. :icon_chickcheers:

Sorry you took it that way. It was meant in fun and the first post did have an emoticon to show that. It was just a gentle poke at the people who are often asking for results even before the judging is completed (thankfully nobody did). Anyway, it was at the end of a long and very tiring weekend and I'm sorry if it came across the wrong way to anybody. Working away at my spreadsheet as the moment.

Fair enough.

I can understand about entrants wanting results within "30 seconds" of the last beer being judged. I got it evey year either with a call on the Mobile or an E-Mail on the Saturday night when I was enjoying a cold beer and handing out the winners their goodies.

That was why we started having the Presentation Night after judging on the Saturday and only my wife and her helpers knew who the winners were until I actually opened each envelope to announce the winners thru the night. You would know as you were here last year.

I also understand that not all comps. can do a Presentation within a few hours of completion of judging. We actually made a rod for our own backs here in Bathurst and that is one of the reasons we decided t have a year off. Might I add now that I am pretty sure won't be doing any more State Comps. so it is up for grabs for who ever wants it in 2011.

Look forward to the results anyway as me and my Mash Brew buddy here in Bathurst have some "friendly" rivalry with our brewing and entering comps.

Cheers

The Bigfella

I am not having a go at you mate....

:huh:

Mate, I just ripped it in to you....

????

Biggups for a job well done, Stu... For someone to put in as much time and effort as you have just for the unselfish benefit of your brewing brethren, I think you deserve a big pat on the back. I'm sure after the past two weeks you needed to lighten things up a bit.

Here's to one of the real gentleman of the NSW beer community... :icon_cheers:

F$&@ the haters...

Back