Nsw State And Castle Hill Comp 2010

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stu I will available both days for judging

P1

OK, so I read the instructions now, so between 10 to 2 on the Saturday 11 Sept AOK?

That's it. Will send you a PM about that as well, Barry.

And thanks for that, Peter. Have you down for both days, sour beers both days. :)

What no Light lagers, specialty beers and belgians?

P1

Yep, another thing missed about the beers per style but we would appreciate just two beers per style, Muggus. So two IIPAs it can be. Is that IIIIPA?

Sorry, just a little confused. I was pretty sure it was two beers per category last year, not two beers per style? So for example I could enter 2 different Cream Ales under cat 6, or a Cream Ale and something else like a Australian Pale Ale under cat 6 but cannot enter 3 different beers in one cat. such as a Cream Ale, Blonde Ale and an Australian Pale Ale.

Is that the case?

Matt, that's it exactly. 2 in the category, doesn't matter where in that category. For some reason I seem to have mixed up style and category. Thanks for clearing that up. :icon_cheers:

i have dropped off my entry at Dave's today.
He kindly offered to drink it and replace it with VB, maybe that would increase my chances, hehe.

Thanks
Bjorn

Just a heads up that entries through the homebrew shops close tomorrow. So get over to Dave's Home Brew Shop in North Sydney, Absolute Homebrew at St. Mary's, ESB or the Brew Shop in Peakhurst before they close tomorrow if you want to get your entries in.

You'll still be able to get your entries there on Saturday 11th at the showground or by post.

Looks like there are already quite a few entries in. More judges and stewards are needed so please PM me if you are interested. It should be a fun weekend. Plenty of beers and the show people put on a great lunch for the judges. :icon_cheers:

Sorry if I am being dense, but when filling out the bottle description labels the category and style order is reversed from the entry form?

On the entry form, cat no. comes first then style. E.g cat no. 3, style 2 for German pilsner.

But on the bottle description labels - style comes first then category. E.g style 2, cat no. 3 for German pilsner.

Sorry if a crap question but I am running out of printer ink and paper, and need to get it right!!!

Cheers
DK

No, you have pointed another of the deliberate mistakes. :icon_cheers:

Ok, well I guess the way it is on the entry form is how it would be best to put it on the bottle labels. So 16, 2, Dunkel weizen. Really any way will work as the name helps the bear-with-very-little-brain to work out which is which.

Fantastic, DK. We're looking at 9 for a 9:30 start.

Hi all,

Anyone going to be dropping their bottles in on Saturday at the showground. I cant make it and it would be great if someone could drop my bottles in for me.

cheers
Andrew.

If we have two entries for the same style, how will we know which judge feedback is for which entry?

Label them A and B or 1 and 2 and I'll make sure that gets into the results somehow.

Andrew, you can drop them over to my place some time this week if you want. I'm a stones throw from the showground. That offer is open to anyone else who wants to drop theirs off early too. Send me a PM and I'll send you my details. I've sent you a PM Andrew.

Cheers,
Thommo.

Andrew, you can drop them over to my place some time this week if you want. I'm a stones throw from the showground. That offer is open to anyone else who wants to drop theirs off early too. Send me a PM and I'll send you my details. I've sent you a PM Andrew.

Cheers,
Thommo.

Cheers Thommo.

Label them A and B or 1 and 2 and I'll make sure that gets into the results somehow.

I sent in 2 of the same style, (brewed differently) and as the bottle labels are "bottle 1" and "Bottle 2", i made a mental note which beer I bottled and labeled as 1 and which one I labelled as 2, so i can use the feedback sheets and compare to each brew.

I hope this is OK

Cheers

How long will the beer be given to settle?

I'm concerned that my packaging will have shaken up all the sediment.

Dave mentioned at drop off that the beer may not be collected for another week. Is that right or have all the drop offs got to their destination and the beer sitting in a fridge at temp?

BOG

I sent in 2 of the same style, (brewed differently) and as the bottle labels are "bottle 1" and "Bottle 2"...
I interpreted the labels differently. Two of my entries were in smaller bottles so I labelled those entries as bottle 1 & 2 - same beer, same entry just multiple bottles. That's how I understood the labelling convention, the guidlines stated that you could enter 1x 500ml or 2x 375ml bottles per entry.

EDIT: I'm sure the good folk at the comp will be able to work out what's what based on the details on our entry forms.

Latest posts

Back