Nsw State And Castle Hill Comp 2010

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, another thing missed about the beers per style but we would appreciate just two beers per style, Muggus. So two IIPAs it can be. Is that IIIIPA?

Hi Stuster, is that two beers per style, or two per category?

Cheers

beers

One the entry form, that indemnity waiver doesn't have to be included with the entries, does it ? Dont know if entering a beer is considered passive involvement.

If Im coming for steward duties I imagine I'll fill this out on the day right?

One the entry form, that indemnity waiver doesn't have to be included with the entries, does it ? Dont know if entering a beer is considered passive involvement.

If Im coming for steward duties I imagine I'll fill this out on the day right?

Apparently you do need to fill out that indemnity waiver, Silo Ted. All entrants must. Something the show people demand (and I guess they have their reasons :) ). So if everyone could make sure they do that, it would be much appreciated.

extract beers ok? Or only all grain?
go for it mate, ive never seen them turn away a beer just because of what method its made with. personally im entering a kit beer as one of mine. but shhhh dont tell anyone and lets see if they can pick which one it is.

extract beers ok? Or only all grain?

Extract beers definitely ok. Kit beers too of course. Any beer that a homebrewer makes should be able to be entered somewhere in there. If you are not sure where it should go, just send me a couple of bottles in the mail so I can check for you. ;)

Actually, I would encourage people to taste their beers before they enter them, look at the guidelines and make sure what you are drinking matches up to what style you think it is. Even though you were aiming to make an American Pale, maybe it came out pretty light in colour and has a bit of age on it so the hops have faded, in which case maybe it would be better to enter it as a blonde ale instead.

Any more judges out there please let me know which day(s) you can judge and what sections you might like to judge. For those who haven't judged before, stewarding is a great way to start. You get to drink the beers without having to bother with all this writing nonsense. :lol:

Any more judges out there please let me know which day(s) you can judge and what sections you might like to judge. For those who haven't judged before, stewarding is a great way to start. You get to drink the beers without having to bother with all this writing nonsense. :lol:

Doing a great job Stu answering all this noobie style questions. If my house sale falls through, I'll PM you with my offer of assistance :p

Barls and Muggus, yep, I agree it's a shame about the mead category. Just too hard to fit in I'm afraid. Maybe we can organise an unofficial category. Can anybody who is interested let me know by PM.

Don't pander to these people. Men (and women) , it's a beer competition - you want fruit, enter the jam sections of the show. HTFU some of you blokes.

fatz, do i have to post that pm again?
you know the one where you praised the raspberry wheat and wanted to know the recipe so you could make it at home.
:D :D :D

Don't pander to these people. Men (and women) , it's a beer competition - you want fruit, enter the jam sections of the show. HTFU some of you blokes.
"Open your mind, FG, Open your mind"
imagesCALSETUU.jpg
edit: drank my last apple/pear cider last night, so I've only got beer to enter.

I have 2 questions.

In Conditions it states - Placing beers will qualify for the AABC Competition in the same category, subject to a minimum points requried.

What's the minimum number of points?

Also, Can you confirm you can enter multiple entries in either a category or sub Category (Style)?
E.g. Entry in 8.2 English Best Bitter and an entry in 8.3 English Extra Special / Strong Bitter (ESB).

BOG

I have 2 questions.

In Conditions it states - Placing beers will qualify for the AABC Competition in the same category, subject to a minimum points requried.

What's the minimum number of points?

Also, Can you confirm you can enter multiple entries in either a category or sub Category (Style)?
E.g. Entry in 8.2 English Best Bitter and an entry in 8.3 English Extra Special / Strong Bitter (ESB).

BOG

The minimum number of points is 90.

And yep, you can enter a beer in each of those styles, maximum 2 in each category (so in that case Bitter Ale).

I'll be dropping my entries off at Daves Homebrew tommorrow.

They're in a box with some foam in it...should be right. The envelope and entry form and waiver are in the box...that should be ok right?

Perfect, Muggus. As long as you can trust Dave not to re-label it as his own entry. :lol:

Perfect, Muggus. As long as you can trust Dave not to re-label it as his own entry. :lol:
It's a risk i'm willing to take. :p

It's either that, or trust the postal service with 8 longies of beer...

No, Dave's is great (and a good sponsor as well :super: ).

Good luck to all. :beer:

I am thinking to drop my entries off the week before at the Castle Hill Showground. Is there a special time? Will there be anyone there? Do you need help pre comp?

OK, so I read the instructions now, so between 10 to 2 on the Saturday 11 Sept AOK?

Latest posts

Back