No Frills low cost pressure fermenting

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone,

I've been thinking of jumping onto the glycol bandwagon once the new G20 comes out (hurry up! lol) and grabbing a few temp twisters/fermzillas. I notice it says that the temp twister can be used for heating also. How would one go about using it for heating? Would I need a separate pump/heater (aquarium heater/esky/immersion pump etc) setup to pump warm water through the temp twister during winter? And then swap to the glycol chiller during summer?

A glycol chiller can't do both heating and cooling can it?
The Thermenter King does both chill and heat, a compact design for a good price.

T

Deleted the quoted post, so deleted it here.

If you have no idea, why comment? Is this another dig because again you are showing that you can't stand competition?
Competition is good, making disparaging remarks about a competitor and engaging in offensive marketing doesn't earn you any brownie points.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have no idea, why comment? Is this another dig because again you are showing that you can't stand competition?
Competition is good, making disparaging remarks about a competitor and engaging in offensive marketing doesn't earn you any brownie points.

Better than having shadow accounts to flog your wares and rubbish the competition, like some others do...

Minus 1 more brownie point to KL.
Sitting at about negative 4 for me

Original post deleted so I'm deleting the quote of it to keep the message from being continued. It does not belong on this thread.

Not about to be told what to do. If people want to brew in really hot weather then they know it has a higher cost. The Max version will address this. Our target is to help those who need an economical and reliable solution to do their home brews and our hybrid approach will do that. Let’s
face it this is just another attempt to spruik on what we started. Not worth worrying about.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war here, I did mean to post in a different thread.

I can't find any info on the Thermenter King...where do you buy one?

Deleting competitors comments from this thread

You are a bit transparent and I don’t have time for these games. We leave your threads alone and suggest you return the favour. Plenty for us to do and happy to let our brewing friends to decide for themselves what suits their pocket and purpose.

Wonder if snake in the grass got refunded for his glycol chiller he bought from kegland, he hasn't been on for a while so I guess he didn't get any satisfaction.

Quote deleted
What our customers would like has nothing to do with you and we will take care of that. Maybe next you might like to do a pressure comparison test with your PET tanks against ours and whilst we are at it collection bottles? When I am ready I will advise our clientele of what they need to know. We are not here to play these games with your smug selves.

Can we start a thread that's made up entirely of keg-king ceo and Kegland going at it.

Man that would be a great thread!

Wait...that's most threads :)
Happy to throw the invitation for an open forum maybe with ticket sales going to CFA? Any takers

Lowest cost pressure fermenter i have is a old rheem? style keg with 1/2" bsp pegs, replaced with 1/2" to 9.5mm duotight taps, trimmed dip tube.
Gas duotight goes to a secondary vessel (pet bottle w/ KL plastic ball locks and a spunding valve) to catch blow off.

Like those snub nose? pet fermenters.. the stand and molded plastic lid are worth maybe $20 then it's a $50+ pet bottle you are paying for.

Lowest cost pressure fermenter i have is a old rheem? style keg with 1/2" bsp pegs, replaced with 1/2" to 9.5mm duotight taps, trimmed dip tube.
Gas duotight goes to a secondary vessel (pet bottle w/ KL plastic ball locks and a spunding valve) to catch blow off.

Like those snub nose? pet fermenters.. the stand and molded plastic lid are worth maybe $20 then it's a $50+ pet bottle you are paying for.
Surely your not denying making a profit? My minimum margin was never under 50%GM often 80%. ;)

Would never want to deny anyone a living, on a scale of no to greater-than-no frills the old kegs doing pretty well tho.

I'll wait to see, we're up to the second version of fermzillas so far and most people seem to be at least on their second lid already. :)

Would never want to deny anyone a living, on a scale of no to greater-than-no frills the old kegs doing pretty well tho.

I'll wait to see, we're up to the second version of fermzillas so far and most people seem to be at least on their second lid already. :)

Second version of Fermzillas?

Latest posts

Back