Newsflash, Sydney man buys crappy brewery and shed and makes the news

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"originally purchased for $20K"

20K for 1 pot, a conical, a few knocked off kegs and stolen milk crates. Doesn't even have a stand. Dave got shafted..........but at least he has launched a beer label. How the **** does one launch a beer label?

20K for 1 pot, a conical, a few knocked off kegs and stolen milk crates. Doesn't even have a stand. Dave got shafted..........but at least he has launched a beer label. How the **** does one launch a beer label?
I did wonder about that. How does one supply a commercial market with a single conical? I'm pretty sure when they say they "launched a beer label" they mean it in the way that I do, ie, I launched a beer label out of my printer the other day.

In this case I'd say put it in a small boat and set fire to it as you push it out to sea - kinda like the Vikings did.

While you're here @bradsbrew would you kindly remove the $10k from the title - it's triggering my aspergers since it's not correct. It's a shitty brewery. Please rename it to "Sydney man buys shitty backyard brewery, is apparently news"
Much more fitting.....

better watch out @mtb , you and your fridges will be in the local rag soon.

That shed looks as rough as guts. Are they sure Daves an engineer? Perhaps he's the train driving kind of 'engineer'. In which case, 10k would have been chump change.

From all the work I've seen from engineers 'on the tools', that shed is the frikkin Taj Mahal. But seriously, 10k for a Blichmann single vessel, burner, conical and plastic fermentors? Wonder about temp control.

I want to see a pic of his wife's smile in 12 months time when she's realised the only thing his investment has cemented is his alcohol dependency!

How the **** does one launch a beer label?

By convincing a crap journalist to write a crap story for their crap paper about your crap idea. Easy!

I'm betting he hasn't thought this through. The article will alert council to his illegal building in the backyard and there'll be a knock on the door.

While you're here @bradsbrew would you kindly remove the $10k from the title - it's triggering my aspergers since it's not correct. It's a shitty brewery. Please rename it to "Sydney man buys shitty backyard brewery, is apparently news"
You're forgetting the other piece of global news in this article... "Aussie bloke puts shed in back yard"... Unheard of! Stop the presses!!

Laughed my arse off reading this article. What posers. And if they think this is a good marketing ploy, then wait till the council, licensing inspectors and ATO all come for their share of flesh.

Hey MTB, I reckon this bloke will need a large commercial fridge for that large conical and the 3 x 50 kegs. Maybe you could off load the one you just bought for what it cost you.... or maybe double and tell him it cost $2000 new ;). Tell him it's from a deceased estate and has been unplugged for a while, but plug it in and show him it works... Oh wait, was that too soon:p

Hey MTB, I reckon this bloke will need a large commercial fridge for that large conical and the 3 x 50 kegs. Maybe you could off load the one you just bought for what it cost you.... or maybe double and tell him it cost $2000 new ;). Tell him it's from a deceased estate and has been unplugged for a while, but plug it in and show him it works... Oh wait, was that too soon:p

My ego is still bruised! Too soon!

If we look at this from a basic view point;
- If I was I a welder/fabricator wanting to have a backyard based business, I might need a home based business rego with local council at the most, depending on local council by-laws, etc.
- A backyard mechanic, much the same.
- Making candles to sell at the weekend markets, prob even less.
- A non-sexual deep tissue sports masseuse, again a Facebook account and a sign out the front.

Now, if I want to provide nectar of the gods to someone that's happy and willing to pay......no!

Its a conspiracy again! Portraying the home brewer as a fool etc.
My $0.02. Dont eat shit news for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. I sometimes snack but even then you know its crap and really doesn't do you any good but to keep you up to date, with shit etc.

Here ya go

https://au.tv.yahoo.com/plus7/sunri...ave-turned-their-backyard-into-a-functioning/

He even made Sunrise

If you think of the positive, it means quite a few people on here are absolutely more than news worthy for national tv.....possibly....

I'm in the final stages of finishing my chicken enclosure. I think it has true merit as a human interest story.

MAN IN SYDNEYS NORTH WEST TURNS BACKYARD INTO FUNCTIONING POULTRY FARM.

Logie-Awards.jpg

????
Profit!

Latest posts

Back