Newsflash, Sydney man buys crappy brewery and shed and makes the news

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
engineers and their ideas..............
Wish my council would let me set up commercially in the shed.

The 39-year-old engineer built a full brewing factory in his Sydney back yard without his wife’s permission

Heartening to see we're not a nation of total cucks just yet then.. Permission? Good lord..

$10k.... really??!! I'd hate to see the story they write on Husky's systems. I've never done the sums but I'd be getting close to $10k.

Doesn't give the actual cost in the story just, "I managed to save around $10,000 on versus if I bought it new!"

I just read the same story in another publication where it said he spent $5k.

("kegerator for $500, the shed for $500 and the brewery equipment for $4,000, which was purchased by the first owners for $20,000.")

Good point.. probably ought to edit that thread title. But also, this is a garbage thread about a garbage news story so the title may as well remain misleading :D
I feel bad for even giving the Telegraph the web traffic, to be honest

$10k.... really??!! I'd hate to see the story they write on Husky's systems. I've never done the sums but I'd be getting close to $10k.
:(that would cover half of it......

This bloke rekons he saved $10k which implies he's spent more than that but with no pics who knows. The shed does look kind of small so can't be that big or exy.

I just read the same story in another publication where it said he spent $5k.

("kegerator for $500, the shed for $500 and the brewery equipment for $4,000, which was purchased by the first owners for $20,000.")

Any equipment pics in the other publication? I'm guessing its a standard type homemade 3V, nothing special

There's a good chance this guy is an AHB member, come to think of it

Shame theres no pics... Inside might have the kegerator in one corner and a second hand 50L Braumeister sitting in the middle.... Thatd be about $5000 all up. :fallingoffchair:

Seriously, this article (to the extent of the detail that it does and doesn't provide) could be written about anybody on this forum.

X likes beer. X learns how to make beer. X risks being victim of spousal homicide by spending too much on beer brewing equipment. X manages to sweet-talk said spouse. X prints some labels and sticks them on bottles and brewing equipment. X hopes to set up a commercial brewery one day.

Seriously, this article (to the extent of the detail that it does and doesn't provide) could be written about anybody on this forum.

X likes beer. X learns how to make beer. X risks being victim of spousal homicide by spending too much on beer brewing equipment. X manages to sweet-talk said spouse. X prints some labels and sticks them on bottles and brewing equipment. X hopes to set up a commercial brewery one day.

This thing writes itself!

Shame theres no pics... Inside might have the kegerator in one corner and a second hand 50L Braumeister sitting in the middle.... Thatd be about $5000 all up. :fallingoffchair:
There are more pix in the Daily Mail story.
It's basically just a big Blichmann pot and a conical.

Latest posts

Back