Newcastle CBD gets a venue with on-site brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Called in on Friday and had a quick word with Shawn, they hope to be opening on Tuesday next.
Shawn is looking just a touch frazzled, its been a lot of work but I think its worth while the venue and brewery are looking amazing.
During the decade or so I have been drinking Shawn's beers - he has never presented a bad one so I expect big things from Foghorn's beers

Good luck and I hope all the locals give the support deserved.

Mark

Do you mean Tuesday the 14th?

Heading to Newcastle next weekend, and very much hoping to check this out.

I hear that Tuesday is a family/friends event, and the Public opening is Wednesday?

Can anyone confirm?

I'll be in Newcastle tomorrow, along with mrs warra.
We're test driving some vehicles to replace my much loved Subaru Impreza RS.
If I'm really sneaky and all innocent, I might convince her we need to check this venue out for a pizza lunch, and hopefully it will be opened by then.

They've just posted some photos on their Facebook page saying they are now open.

Keen to pay it a visit.

Came in from cubing a beer tonight and the Mrs said she saw that it'd opened on the news.

SHE suggested we go there tomorrow night to check it out, and that the kids go to their nanas for the night.

Sounds good to me!

Anyone who goes, can you report on the beer and food lists please!

I will be there on Saturday.

Will report later. Dinner with the financee and our kids tonight, Birthday was yesterday.
Brew Club meeting on Friday. Great week!
Will have to ensure the phone is fully charged for photos and such.

If you're there and looking for me, I'll be the geek with the notepad and shiny pen, and maybe some Foghorn merch.

Les out

No luck from me, none of the grandparents were available = no night out for the missus and I.

Drove past there today. Had made a lot of progress since last week, but didn't appear to be open.
It certainly looks close to being ready to open, if it hasn't already.
Might sneak by Friday arvo before the HUB meeting.

Latest posts

Back