Hag Day At Jagged Reef Restaurant

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MHB

Reaction score
HAG Day at Jagged Reef Restaurant

19 July 08

Hi All

Saturday afternoon, eating fabulous food at one of Newcastles best modern Australian restaurants and drinking great beers presented by Shawn Sherlock from Murrays Brewing, what could be better?

You are all invited to be at the Jagged Reef Restaurant 2:00PM on the 19th of July.

Shawn is bringing some of Murrays Brewings finest efforts down in kegs. Tim from Jagged Reef and Shawn have had their heads together and I am sure neither the food nor the beer will disappoint.

Should be a very relaxed afternoon, this event is open to all HAGS and their guests, it might be a great opportunity for the partners of brewers to see the lighter side of what we get up to.

The cost will be $60 per person, which includes the meal and not less than 4 great beers.

Please let me know if your coming (and how many) by Thursday 17th July.

It would be a good idea to try to make alternative plans for getting home I for one plan to be in no fit state to drive.

Cheers all, hope to see you there.

Mark

Edit: forgot to put the links in

Looks like you have sorted a pretty sweet deal there Mark. Good work.

I'm sure those who attend will have a great day.

Enjoy.....alas I will be at work :(

Pok

I'm in. Just in case there was any doubt. :lol:

Will be great to catch up with Shawn again...oh, and the beer 'n' food, too :rolleyes:

Les

Yes I'm in also. Sounds like it should be a top afternoon.

Looks like some great beers will be there (on top of the already impressive beer menu at that restaurant) and the food at Jagged Reef is the goods also.

Cheers

Id like to RSVP a spot, as long as no one has an issue with a Central Coast bloke calling himself a HAG.

Youre welcome, as are any other brewers who can make it along.

Be good to see you there.

MHB

Me and Mrs Schooey are in. She doesnt drink beer, which is such a shame, I'll have to drink it for her :D

G'day all,

Looking forward to seeing a good turnout on Saturday. Thanks especially to Mark for organising the event - especially given he's been crook lately! Will be bringing down four different beers with at least 3 in draught form - should be a top afternoon.

Can those who are definitely coming please let Mark know ASAP. I need to cater for beer and Tim for food at the restaurant. Firm numbers to Mark on 49696696 or via email would be much appreciated.

Thanks and looking forward to seeing you all there on Sat'dy!

Shawn Sherlock
Brewer
Murray's Craft Brewing Co.

I'm out. Unfortunately its still footy season. 3pm kickoff. Would be a great day. I would much prefer good food and beer than running around.
Lee

Its not looking good for me either.
Hey Shawn, there was a rumour going around a while ago that a HAG weekend could be sorted for up at Murray's Craft Brewing Co.?

Steve

I am definitely in! Sounds like it will be a top afternoon, and I am really looking forward to hanging out with some other brewers, and talking bollocks for a few hours over some of the best beers available in the country (IMO). Is anyone else going, or is just going to be the 6 or so of us getting some serious beer tasting done?
Mad if ya miss it, I say. Pizza and beer. And brewtalk. Cant wait.
Catch ya's there
Trent

Think we are pushing toward around 25-30 so far Trent :) Should be a good arvo. Any more late starters most welcome - just let Mark know as soon as possible. Plenty of beer to go round!

As for the brewday SJW - I've been keen to sort one since I started up here two years ago! Timing and availability, not to mention transport for you blokes has been the problem so far. Maybe we can discuss it and plan an event on Saturday. See how we go...

Shawn.

There are 5 places left (well 7 if the 2 awaiting permission dont get it), so if you are interested dont wait much longer before getting your hand up.

Looking forward to some great beer, good company and excellent food

Mark

Wow, what a top arvo. i was a bit late and missed the first 2 beers and pizzas :(

But I managed to sample the 2 missed beers and if the last 2 pizzas were any thing to go by then it was an extraordinary evening for the taste buds. Not to mention the great company, yet another great and diverse HAG event.

Thanks to every one, especially Murrays, the Jagged Reef and Marks Homebrew.

Wow

Here here, Offline! Sensational food and even better hospitality, thanks a bunch,Tim, I'll be recommending the reef to many colleagues and friends in the future. Shawn, your produce, your hospitality and your attentive ear to the ground within your market are not only are credit to Murray's but also to yourself, congrats on some really really superb beers mate! Cheers Mark for throwing this together for the greater good of the HAG crowd, another top event, great food, excellent beer and great company for lunch.... top arvo all round :D

Good to hear you guys had a great day. Wish I could have attended but alas without work....the bills dont get paid :( Keep up the good work Mark and the folks at Jagged Reef and Murrays (actually had a discussion about their beers at work today...and good words all round :D).

The beer was exceptional
The pizzas as good as you can get
The company more than enjoyable

Dam but I had fun.

Thanks all for coming hope you enjoyed your selves as much as I hid.

Mark

The beer was exceptional
The pizzas as good as you can get
The company more than enjoyable

Dam but I had fun.

Thanks all for coming hope you enjoyed your selves as much as I hid.

Mark
I didn't see you hiding, Mark. Or I did see you, if you thought you were hiding.

However, I did notice you sneaking from table to table, in hope of snaffling an extra beer.

Great arvo. Well done to all involved. Big ups to Tim, Shawn and Mark.
Fave beer was the Grand Cru and best pizza was the unit with pesto sauce. Ooops, I'm drooling :icon_drool2:

Les

Hi Guys,

Thanks all for the day out, I really enjoyed myself.

It really was the best of everything, food, beer, people.

You guys are lucky to have such a nice brewclub going. Thanks for letting me tag along

Josh

Menu.JPG

Group_Shot_1.JPG

Group_Shot_2.JPG

Back