Hag Day At Jagged Reef Restaurant

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
last lot

Dessert_Pizza.JPG

Sunset_1.JPG

looks like a pelican flew over that pizza :lol:

I was in my garage cleaning and everyone else in the house had gastro............ you lot had more fun than me.

cheers

Well I am sober now, so I will try to keep the H for D substitutions down to a minimum.
Thanks Les (and I have written out 100 times I must not post whilst pissed)

Just want to say thanks for a great afternoon; the people that came made it a top day.

Special thanks to Shawn for bringing the beer, its a long drive and time away from your family on your day off, the effort was appreciated, as was the beer.
Murrays is producing some of the finest Craft beer in Australia, I for one am looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with next.

Tim from Jagged Reef went above and beyond; not only was the food excellent, it was beautifully matched to the beer. Its great to see a restaurant supporting Craft Brewers and anyone that looked in the fridge behind the bar will know that Tim is a real beer head.

So it was a bit of a surprise that Tim chose to open his stash of Murrays Anniversary Ale 2; that last round was complementary. Tim said that Saturday arvo was the best fun he has had since he opened the restaurant, so he chose to spread some extra joy around, a big thankyou for that.

I dont want to say much more except that we as a brewing community in the Hunter have been lucky to receive so much support from industry professionals, Luke and now Keith from Potters have been unstinting in their support.
Shawn has always been more than just a friend he has given his time to help get many new brewers started and is always willing to help us all make better beer.
Tim has to be added to the list.

Just remember that these guys need our support to, so spread the word.
Good beer good food and good company thats what living is all about.

Mark
Aka MHB

I'd also like to echo the comments above. The beers and pizza's were exceptional, and the company was equally as good. They really did a top job matching the beers and pizzas. Didn't think Id be a fan of a desert pizza but along side the Best Extra Porter it went down really well.

Thanks Shawn, Mark and Tim for a top afternoon. Hopefully it happens again.

Cheers

Thanks for the positive feedback fellas. I had a great arvo and can't wait to do something like it again. Tim's food was excellent and it was a lot of fun working with him to get the matching right. It was also good to see a turnout of beer lovers and brewers who were so supportive. Hope you all enjoyed yourselves and thanks again to Mark for organising it all - sorry I didn't make it to the shop to see you on Sunday morning mate :eek: I remembered at about Buladelah on the way home. You probably heard me shout DOH!! :rolleyes: Next time...

Shawn.

Latest posts

Back