Name the bar

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jimmy86 said:
f

In the bar I own we dropped the coffee machine after the first weekend. We were constantly asked to make a coffee which took a considerable amount of time whilst the bar was lined up. It would have ended in extra staff to make the few coffees when required.
Not my cup of tea!
A reasonable barista can keep a twin group head machine running at tilt, a $5.00 coffee is $3.00 profit (after wages), but yeah gauging how popular that part of the business will be on particular nights will be a learning curve.

Good luck to you Yob.
Are you gunna sell bags of hops out in the ally ?

Maybe you should've gone with McFadyen's.
An international chain of craft beer bars & drive through outlets:
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1491447305.812669.jpg

Or go with a similar font, but with "MF"...

Sooooo, for those playing along at home, it's with much surprise that I received a phone call from the po po today confirming that they had no objections to granting the liquor licence..

This just got a whole lot more real.

We should have the keys by the end of the month.

A little chuffed this evening

malt junkie said:
A reasonable barista can keep a twin group head machine running at tilt, a $5.00 coffee is $3.00 profit (after wages), but yeah gauging how popular that part of the business will be on particular nights will be a learning curve.
$5 coffee? Christ on a stick.

Congratulations Yob,
...apart from what's on tap, good/quality food is a must in my opinion. Doesn't matter whether it's main meals or bar snacks. Shit food pisses me off. I'm by no means a food critic just a Layman who can cook ok.
All the best man

The joint is surrounded by food so I'll be talking to them all about servicing the bar, it's a good way to go especially when I use most of my back of house space as a coolroom ;)

Yob said:
Sooooo, for those playing along at home, it's with much surprise that I received a phone call from the po po today confirming that they had no objections to granting the liquor licence..

This just got a whole lot more real.

We should have the keys by the end of the month.

A little chuffed this evening
Chuffed? Use Vaseline on those nips.

manticle said:
$5 coffee? Christ on a stick.
Pay up or get out, hipster boy. We only like PAYING customers here!

shit hot Jesse - I missed this thread, thinking it was about something else

I've got me RSA mate so a few hours behind the bar to help out is there for ya

droid said:
shit hot Jesse - I missed this thread, thinking it was about something else

I've got me RSA mate so a few hours behind the bar to help out is there for ya
Thank Jon, that'd be tits.. I'm booked in to do RSA Friday,

I should get keys about the end of the month so things will start to form up very quickly indeed ;)

Latest posts

Back