Name the bar

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yob said:
Registered The Foragers Drop this morning..

The hypothetical bar has a new name.

Casablanca > The Foragers Drop.

Deposit on the bar being paid today.. Shits getting real
Best of luck and prosperity with the new venture.

(Apart from business registration, consider getting a trademark on Foragers Drop too. Particularly if you plan on contract brewing beers that will bear the name on the label)

https://www.ipaustralia.gov.au/

As hop laden Malty goodness is just one of my vices, may I inquire as to the availability of caffeine in this proposed, named and paid for establishment ?

malt junkie said:
As hop laden Malty goodness is just one of my vices, may I inquire as to the availability of caffeine in this proposed, named and paid for establishment ?
People buy coffee at bars?

Not opposed to it, just didn't think there would be a call for it really

At 3am, after closing the doors you and your staff will NEED IT!

Also good to have on hand for the inevitable business/staff meeting, and designated drivers ;)

Yob said:
Many pubs have them now in the dining room of the pub but the bars.....stuff that. Sorry I'm a traditionalist and the yanks may do it but not here.

Yob said:

Hipsters use it as bong water.

a short black is good if settling in for a session. Just make a sign that says NO ESPRESSO MARTINIS

malt junkie said:
Osambar Hop Laden

Can't understand why Forager Drop or Pensive Ape are popular choices ? Crikey, I must be old.

I don't get the joke .. Can someone explain it?

COS if I don't get the meaning of the title, I don't go there!

Grumpy old man's rant over

Fatz,

you head south of the boarder; we'll get together and have a few brews like at barls' then we'll go to Foragers Drop, and Yob can explain whilst we sample a few light ales (like RIS). Hopefully there be a sour or two.

Mike

I can see this panning out to being a successful venture. The passion is certainly there.
This whole thread has evolved like an interesting story which I've enjoyed following along the way, and will continue to hopefully.
You've got some hard work ahead Yob, but f#ck it'll be worth it. Good on ya!

All the best with the venture Yob.

Going out on a limb to take your hobby/passion to the next level where it has to pay the bills, takes balls as big as Liam's.

How long before the hypothetical jump to the drop... hmm skydiving have anything to do with this?

Yob said:

Cold brewed nitro coffee on tap....
I hear its a thing

Latest posts

Back