Name the bar

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
technobabble66 said:
Congrats, J-dawg [emoji1]
That missus of yours must've been a smooth talker to the po po [emoji6]
Looking forward to the opening night [emoji482]
Actually, was me what talked to them.. Who'd have thought I could speak to the po po without ending up in cuffs...

Sooooo, I did a bit of work on securing beers for taps today.. I'm not going to give anything away yet.. But.. It's pretty ******* exciting already

Looking for a good stout, 4 pines came to mind.

Must be Australian, suggest.

Kölsch or pilsner.. Suggest.

Bagara brewing up at Bundaberg has a nice black beer which they call a Stout. It's not a stouty stout, but it's a bloody nice black beer IMO.

Shit. Can't believe I missed this thread. Awesome news Jesse. Haven't read the whole thread but if I'm correctly picking up what you are laying down then you can save me a seat and start calling me Norm.

Camo6 said:
Shit. Can't believe I missed this thread. Awesome news Jesse. Haven't read the whole thread but if I'm correctly picking up what you are laying down then you can save me a seat and start calling me Norm.
If ypu go to Pont of difference.. Look up.. We'll be right above him ;)

I had a 'Prickly Moses Oatmeal Stout' on tap at the local brew pub the other day, first "oatmeal stout" I've had. It was quite nice, very easy drinking.

Yob said:
Sooooo, I did a bit of work on securing beers for taps today.. I'm not going to give anything away yet.. But.. It's pretty ******* exciting already
Looking for a good stout, 4 pines came to mind.
Must be Australian, suggest.
Kölsch or pilsner.. Suggest.
4 pines is a great place to start.

I took a look around my bottle collection.. er.. funnily enough Stout features largely in the displays.. Prickly Moses, Dainton, Hargreaves Hill and 4 Pines stood out.. Havnt looked into availabilty of any of them as yet..

So much crafty option.

Christ lad laughed me box here but tooo long a thread to read the lot

Hoppyness Inn Bar Hotel whatever

From memory a few years ago, Colonial Brewing in Maragret River, WA, had a decent Kolsch and Porter.
Might be worth checking if they can supply to melbs.

malt junkie said:
Yob are you going to rotate some taps regular like?
For sure, none of my taps will be contracted though semi permanent positions will be offered to a few select breweries to rotate their wares, about 5 or 6 have been allocated already with the remainder (total 12-15 taps) being more free form, whimsical and utterly Random..

left to my own devices I could easily fill all the taps with IPA's but Im trying (sort of hard) not to..

So far, my hit list for opening includes

3 x IPA (Black, Red and 'normal')
session IPA
Cider
Lager
XPA
Pilsner
Kolsch
Sour
Stout
RIS (of course)

Hopothetical?