My New Keezer ...thanks everyone for the inspiration!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikeyr

" wait.. I had something for this.."
Reaction score
Well, many thanks to the many who gave the inspiration. Pratty you probably started it with the "stubbies" filled from your taps

Barls putting on the bbq for the last swap, so many taps, so little time.

Earle's awesome unit .... and all the others .....

So heres mine, tops made out of old fence palings and you can see an outdoor table i knocked up to match.

Font is a Ford V8 hugger header with a custom mount I fabricated out of polymorph plastic

The beer lines each run up through 19mm poly pipe which I'm blowing cold air through. (thanks N87 for the fan!). Little red dot on the front is the fan switch and temp is managed by an STC1000 which is mounted in the back and hooked into the thermostat so the main wiring is intact

Test run is Saturday with a lot of mates over.

And yeah i need better tap handles ......

IMG_1344_1.jpg
IMG_1352.jpg

IMG_1351.jpg
IMG_1345.jpg
IMG_1353_1.jpg

IMG_1354_1.jpg

Very cool , love how the timber pail its came up and love the headers

that looks FKN Excellent!, Well done.

:super:

How did you mount the fittings for the taps to join the header?

Looks great and is definitely different. Well done.

Out of interest, how do you find the cooling through the poly pipe? I'm not 100% happy with the cooling in my coffin and am thinking something which gives the air more focus on the tap shanks might be in order.

Glad to see the fan has appeased the beer gods.

You need to change out the bolts and screws for nice chrome or pollished stainless tho....

Still looks awesome.

1 thing with extractors you have to remember: everything goes faster.
not a good thing in this case :)

Pratty1 said:
that looks FKN Excellent!, Well done.

:super:

How did you mount the fittings for the taps to join the header?
Cut a piece of perspex in the shape of the gasket and glued the gasket on.

Not prefect, that would be laser cut stainless ....... maybe for my birthday!

Going to be up the shack over Christmas New Year if you're in the neighbourhood ... always a cold one or two if you wing by.

n87 said:
Glad to see the fan has appeased the beer gods.

You need to change out the bolts and screws for nice chrome or pollished stainless tho....

Still looks awesome.

1 thing with extractors you have to remember: everything goes faster.
not a good thing in this case :)
Actually the ones that came with it, not ideal, but functional for now!

Thanks again for the fan .... hope Chris mentioned we're up your way over the hols .... BEERS!!!!

earle said:
Looks great and is definitely different. Well done.

Out of interest, how do you find the cooling through the poly pipe? I'm not 100% happy with the cooling in my coffin and am thinking something which gives the air more focus on the tap shanks might be in order.
So far only a dry run, but fridge is at temp and it's about 35C in my garage today, hot one in Sydney. Ran the fan for about 25 minutes and the extractors were starting to get a light frost of condensation. Definitely cold to the touch. Given the air flows up the poly and then back down the gap between it and the stainless wall .... so far, better than I expected!

Biggest issue is that the outside pair have a lot of sharper bends so think the air is more restricted, still they were pretty cold too, so better than nothing! Full test in anger tomorrow, will keep you posted.

I can already think of a few ways to do it better and even a larger volume fan and maybe pull the poly back to the first bend. in the outside pair....... it never ends!

Mikeyr said:
Actually the ones that came with it, not ideal, but functional for now!

Thanks again for the fan .... hope Chris mentioned we're up your way over the hols .... BEERS!!!!

Indeed he did.
he also mentioned that i would have to come to you... so you didnt have to get back.
ill have to bring a couple of growlers :D

Great thinking. Very creative and sexy. Thats gotta appeal to more than a few petrol head beer lovers.
Should take out a ™ !

Thinking rods for the tap handles? Gear stick?

A coil would shock everyone :)

Back