My New Brewery Build (pics)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
brewtrekker said:
Hey Gavin
Love the E-Brew rig. I have just purchased the exact same kettles , sorry I saved some cash dragging them in from the States. I am just starting my build and am still on the fence to go electric or gas. I just need to know if I have to go 3 phase to run a element big enough to boil in a 75 liter tank? Can I just get away with a 35amp outlet? I'm no sparky so setting that up I will leave to a proper trady.
Should have contacted us with the price you got, may have done a deal.. oh well you'll never know now :) .. what was your landed cost if you don't mind me asking?

I have a 4800watt element in my kit which runs off a 20amp socket, If I was getting a socket put in my house I'd have min 32amp.. cost to change mine over to 40amp was $500~ so backed away a touch there.

-gav

Yeah sorry Gavin all my 75 l tanks all up was around 1800 but mine have every port you can install in these tanks and mine have bottom outlets vs side like yours plus a sparge arm 3 thermometers and 4 blanking caps were included. I never heard of your site till now mate, sorry

Gav did you have to rewire to your main panel to install a 32a socket. Just need to know if I have to tear gyprock down to get higher gage wire in there. Cheers

I got a 32amp breaker put in my power box for my electric brewery mate. If you look at your box and check out the main breakers where the power comes in they should be maybe 90 or 100 amps rated. If this is the case you just need to get a sparky in to wire up a 32 amp one. Not sure how much they charge as my neighbour (sparky) did it for me! Top bloke. I did however do all the shitty jobs like running the wires through the roof and down the cavity etc. if you are confident enough to do these bits yourself you could save a fair bit on labour and product costs, ie; buy all the bits you need (cable, breakers, outlet) yourself from either the big green shed or an electrical retailer then get the sparky to install it. You will save a bit there. Hope this helps.

brewtrekker said:
Gav did you have to rewire to your main panel to install a 32a socket. Just need to know if I have to tear gyprock down to get higher gage wire in there. Cheers
I will have to rewire it for 32amp but currently 20amp so running the 20amp gauge wire...
It works pretty well running all my pumps and elements only wigged out once, really want to get my brewery with a single 40amp/50amp plug but just don't have the kanga at the moment.

Gav

Love these vessels.. One day one day.. BTW i copied your heatsink, it was just what i was looking for!

DoublePlugga --wish I was handy enough to rewire my house! I think I will leave that to a pro sparky. We deal with enough electrical issues on the aircraft we work on but then we have a giant computerised manual we can reference. For my E-Brewery if I go down that route I think I will use Electric Brewery.coms plans as a basis. For right now I'm just collecting enough parts to use my new tanks on a gas system with the herms all up and running soon. Then slowly I want to go to electric and implement my master plan with a BCS-462 running the show! Oh a man can dream! Now if it would only rain money to fund these brewery wet dreams!!

Latest posts

Back