My New Brewery Build (pics)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holly s@#t , you and donbourke should do a brewery pin up calender!

Looks great. Where the pots from?

2much2spend said:
Holly s@#t , you and donbourke should do a brewery pin up calender!

Looks great. Where the pots from?
I'd love to meet Don Bourke!! then he can tell me why I keep killing all our plants..

The pots are from us http://www.brewrig.com.au/brew-vessels a new product line we've put up recently

-Gav

Wow Freakin Awesome. These brew controller builds just kep getting better and better.

Im still waiting to see one that has a touch screen on the front and everything is controlled by that.

Truman said:
Wow Freakin Awesome. These brew controller builds just kep getting better and better.

Im still waiting to see one that has a touch screen on the front and everything is controlled by that.
My last enclosure had a sealed touch screen with a PC within it.
Could have connected this up to a BCS and off ya go but decided to use my brewtroller and switches instead..
Something about flicking a switch instead of touching a screen.
Although I haven't ruled it out for another brewery build :)

-Gav

Quick Update People...

Got the paint job finished on the Control panel and it came up better than expected, Apart from the bit on the front which looked like i tapped it with something so there's two small spots with no paint and I already put two coats of clear on top of it before I saw it!! might put a sticker there :)

Got all the buttons, lights, pids mounted and connected up the 20amp POWER IN cable to the power on switch and light.. Didn't blow up or kill me so I've got that going for me..
Here's some photo's I took with my phone sorry about quality.

I haven't mounted the probe connections yet, need some small screws.

photo+1.JPG

photo+2.JPG

photo+3.JPG

photo+4.JPG

Quick Update..

Spent some time this morning mounting my temperature probe quick disconnects, had to drill the mounting holes a little to allow for the bolt i had.
PIDs are all connected and working same with the timer.. only have the pumps and the water in to the electrical ball valves to go.. Hopefully knock that over this weekend then I just have to wait for my elements! oh and I hope I can afford some grain , hops and yeast after this build so I can brew some beers.

Oh and I need to clean up my wiring....

wiring.jpg

XLRs and 3.5mms? is that right Gava? Hard to tell from the pics.

EDIT: Lots of red spaghetti! :)

idzy said:
XLRs and 3.5mms? is that right Gava? Hard to tell from the pics.

EDIT: Lots of red spaghetti! :)
Nar didn't get XLR's had some left over connectors from previous builds so using them.
they're http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/250V-4A-7-Pins-Electrical-Deck-Aviation-Connector-Adapter-Silver-Tone-/390759739817?pt=AU_B_I_Electrical_Test_Equipment&hash=item5afb1871a9
XLR look better but these were free :)

The four on the left are the RTD Pt100 temp probe quick disconnects, the red bit below.
pt10040mm.jpg

So update again, Over the weekend I've completed the control panel wiring (minus elements which im waiting to be sent) so I've started to move onto the next things.

Thought I'd pimp out my green pump cords to try and make them no so green pump may give them a paint job also, who knows or might just buy some new pumps when I get some more $$ :)

Little annoyed about using electrical tape on the ends , I didn't have any correct sized heat shrink wrap stuff and i was on a roll and didn't want to stop :)

EDIT: As pointed out below I was using the wrong ends of the cables for the pumps and from the control panel (was just reading about that the other day) Removed the pictures and rewired my control panel. Thanks for this, I've now double checked my control panel...
I'll replace pictures once I've rewire the pumps.. really don't wanna touch an A and N while on.

Hi Gava,
mate, please don't use those plugs on the pumps. They are the wrong gender, they should be on the supply side. If you put the mating connectors on the supply side (your control panel) then you will have exposed live pins!
Respectfully, Dave

dblunn said:
Hi Gava,
mate, please don't use those plugs on the pumps. They are the wrong gender, they should be on the supply side. If you put the mating connectors on the supply side (your control panel) then you will have exposed live pins!
Respectfully, Dave
Oh Shit, your right..
Good catch Will fix that up..

-gav

Hi Guys,

Finished running my Electronic Ball Valves, thought they might look a little ugly just connected so got a junction box and a few screw plugs.. Hopefully it'll look neat once installed on the wall.

Here's a video , shows my control panel a little in use to..
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTKbXCBm9QM[/media]

Cheers
Gavin.

How many of those you throwing in the build Gav?

MastersBrewery said:
How many of those you throwing in the build Gav?
Just two, it will be two Hot Water IN to the HLT and for my Chiller water from my tank.
I still like the manual hose swapping.

-Gav

Looks great!

Hopefuly I can pull my finger out and follow your lead on a similar build. I've been lurking on the electric brewery website and forum for a while now and getting hot flushes...I think the missus can tell whenever Im on Kal's site now from looking at me....... BTW, I saw your post on that forum re: control panel bits and peices that you have via your store; Im sure I'll make use of them at some stage.

Big brother lives up in Bendigo so it might be an excuse to go up and visit him more often, so i can peep through your windows at your shiny new rig! :)

bazfletch3 said:
Looks great!

Hopefuly I can pull my finger out and follow your lead on a similar build. I've been lurking on the electric brewery website and forum for a while now and getting hot flushes...I think the missus can tell whenever Im on Kal's site now from looking at me....... BTW, I saw your post on that forum re: control panel bits and peices that you have via your store; Im sure I'll make use of them at some stage.

Big brother lives up in Bendigo so it might be an excuse to go up and visit him more often, so i can peep through your windows at your shiny new rig! :)
The electric brewery site and forums are pretty sweet, I love all the different types of breweries floating about, although I hate looking at his basement reno, SO jealous..
If your up in Bendigo your more than welcome to come over and check out the kit, I should have the build workable hopfully this/next week.
The nice to have things like machined labels may have to wait, will just 'borrow' a work labler to make some super sweet looking labels :)

I'll be putting on another B.A.D (bendigo beer club) beer event is the coming months (pending how the wife is, she is pregnant with our 3rd kid) you are also welcome to come up and talk to some local brewers, have a feed and brew some beers.

-Gav

So a small update, finished my wiring (Apart from one freaking wire I ran out of terminal lug)

Elements coming in tomorrow/friday then I can get this ******* happening!!

photo+%25281%2529.JPG

Doubleplugga said:
Nice work mate, looking good. Bet you can't wait to fire it up.
Hanging out for sure, only waiting on a few things to come in now but hopefully they get here before the weekend so I can at least get my rig tested and all the dead zone and sight glasses worked out.. then to organise a brew!

I've done a classy thing and zip tied my pumps to the stand :) didn't know where I want them in the end so thought I'd keep them moveable.
Was thinking of some type of rare earth magnet/cover with handle so I can move them where ever and when ever I want. Just need some cash for that though.

-Gav

Back