My New Keezer ...thanks everyone for the inspiration!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the plugs idea.

Well it works ....... 2 kegs blew by 7 pm and lost the third around 9 pm ........ I call that a success!

The poly pipe / computer fan line chiller really does work. We all ended up a bit tired an emotional towards 2 am on Sunday morning when i finally crashed.... so i accidentally left the fan on over night and the next morning the header was covered in condensation and really cold to touch. It was 23 here overnight!!

Wasn't perfect during the day (it was 36C and in a metal garage), but it never really got a chance to get going before the mob turned up, reckon if I'd had it going in the morning before we kicked off it would have had time. That being said we were only getting maybe 1/3 of a middie of foam on the first pour (after a gap) then perfect.

It's a 0.1A 12V fan, so you could probably leave it on 24/7 and never notice the power consumption

My font does that too if I leave the fan on overnight, which I have been doing a bit on my holidays. It does struggle to keep it cold during the day though, at least on the outside. But then again the kegerator is on the back deck and unfortunately the font does get a little afternoon sun on it which doesn't help... otherwise though it works pretty well with not too much foaming.

Good to hear yours has been a success too!

I wouldn't think that the fan would consume much electricity. What is going to drive up power consumption though is pumping cool air into the font (or coffin in my case) then losing that coolness to the atmosphere, I expect that the fridge or freezer will cycle more often to keep its cool. I generally turn on my coffin fan ready for Wednesday afternoon and then turn it off Sunday night but I'm planning to fit a timer to cut those times right back.

Nice one! I love the header font!

n87 said:
Thinking rods for the tap handles? Gear stick?

A coil would shock everyone :)
I like the rods idea. I was thinking valves for the tap handles. Maybe too thin?

Ohh was gunna make one of these..thanks for the photos.. this will help in putting it all together.. I am also looking for an old ceased motorcycle engine to put a font into as well.

I've seen pics on the web of a motorcycle engine like you are planing.
I thought about doing a manifold font like Mikeyr or the engine but not being a petrol head it wouldnt suit me, mind you my eldest is a mechanic and when he saw the pics he said " yeah build it Dad and I'll put it in my shed ", nice try but it ain't happening .

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1450823272.207692.jpg

Love this one.

Liking the headers! You would be exhausted after a session...................................

Back