Milking The Cow Beer Festival In Toowoomba

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few pics of the alcoholic blur that was the cow festival.
angus.JPG
Yep beers on tap.
altbier.JPG
A nice Alt for Batz to look at.
IMGP3041.JPG
Before the boilermakers kicked in.
sim.JPG
Time out corner.

More! More!

Where were you?
(Mind you, you could have been the on Saturday evening and I wouldn't have noticed - I needed a few hours or so in the time out corner myself)
BTW Friday nite was great, excepting for the unhappy ending for Campbell (the scars will fade in time mate ;) )

Here's a few from Friday night. By saturday I only had 1 good hand (long story) and it was for holding beer, not cameras.

Beer Tragic(s)
20120608_204953.jpg

Ladies Night
20120608_205103.jpg

No comment required
20120608_214641.jpg

Through a glass, darkly.
20120608_221919.jpg

The Godfather of Beer
20120609_000227.jpg

End of the Night
20120609_002108.jpg

Was there any news from the homebrew comp announcement on the Sunday?
I wasn't able to make it on the day, so I'd like to know too. Can't seem to find it out... and not for the want of trying either. Come on you lot, someone from around here must have been there?
Oh, maybe a kit took it out? How jolly awesome would that be?? :ph34r:

I wasn't able to make it on the day, so I'd like to know too. Can't seem to find it out... and not for the want of trying either. Come on you lot, someone from around here must have been there?

I was there on sunday at 4 but i never heard the winner called as far as i know. As far as i know it wasnt me <_<

tallie won !!
Chocolate Porter...

Awesome job tallie, congratulations! :beer:
Give us all the gory details, hey?

And three cheers for PB ! (Ps. I'll be in touch next week to talk shop)

tallie won !!
Chocolate Porter...

Awesome job tallie, congratulations! :beer:
Give us all the gory details, hey?

And three cheers for PB ! (Ps. I'll be in touch next week to talk shop)
Thanks guys, I'm stoked! I've been waiting for the official announcement, but I guess it's out of the bag now. The list I saw had Angus in second place and Pocket Beers in 3rd, so I'm in good company!

I had another bottle of the beer tonight and am really happy with it. It's a robust porter base with about 10g/L cocoa. I'll have some with me at BABBs this month so feel free to hit me up for some!

Cheers,
tallie

Thanks guys, I'm stoked! I've been waiting for the official announcement, but I guess it's out of the bag now. The list I saw had Angus in second place and Pocket Beers in 3rd, so I'm in good company!

I had another bottle of the beer tonight and am really happy with it. It's a robust porter base with about 10g/L cocoa. I'll have some with me at BABBs this month so feel free to hit me up for some!

Cheers,
tallie

congradulations. I also entered a choc porter but i used cocoa nibs might brew again with cocoa and taste if there is a differnence 10g/L sounds like a lot does it really come through

Just a quick update to let you know that my winning chocolate porter recipe has been brewed and will be on tap at The Spotted Cow this weekend as part of their Oktoberfest! I'll be up there on Saturday from about lunchtime - looking forward to it :beerbang:

Cheers,
tallie

Tallie's beer is still on tap at the Cow, sipping on one now and loving the balance of malt and bitter choc.
Big night here tonight with the 'gurge on stage!

Re-bootin' a thread because -

Milking the Cow Beer Lovers Festival

Date: 7th, 8th, 9th June 2013
Might take it slowly on the Saturday this time.

abc said:
What drinking spirits and beer in the boiler maker class at 2pm wasn't taking it easy :-/
Right there was where the wheels fell off ;)

Anyone going up this weekend? I'll be there tomorrow night and probably 'til just after lunch on Saturday.

Cheers,
tallie

Latest posts

Back