Brewers Market Festival

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was an absolutely top arvo.
Camera in my pocket, but forgot to take any photos. Too busy sampling and chatting.
Magic arvo. Thanks for organising Gerard.

Doc

Had a brilliant day, thanks to all who contributed!

Had some truly nice beers today, chatted with lots of people spending time trying to create a really good drink and then beat everyone in Buck Hunt, woohoo!!

Thanks guys, there was a brilliant collection of beers, both in the "market area" and on tap, the chocholate porter from the house and the porter from the brewer in the corner (mugee?) were my favourites. Honourable mention to the APA from 4 pines, another brilliant drop!

Bjorn

A great day. Thanks to Gerard for setting things up. Terrific beers, favorite was Murray's 2IPA followed closely by Gerards IPA.

Hope we can do this again in the future as it showcases the Craftbrewers of our great State.

Cheers, Hoges.

Had a brilliant day, thanks to all who contributed!

Yepp,

Couldn't agree more!
Also a big thanks to the host Paddy's Brewery and their staff, they were absolutely marvelous cleaning up after us and supplying us with snags.
A big success and a great afternoon!

c1b
Resize_of_IMG_0018.JPGResize_of_IMG_0032.JPGResize_of_IMG_0029.JPGResize_of_IMG_0026.JPGResize_of_IMG_0031.JPGResize_of_IMG_0028.JPG

Attachments

• Resize_of_IMG_0018.JPG
    Resize_of_IMG_0018.JPG
    287.3 KB · Views: 21
  • Resize_of_IMG_0026.JPG
    Resize_of_IMG_0026.JPG
    135.7 KB · Views: 21
Was a bit disappointed as we got there at 5 and there was no beer left! Heck of a trek. I thought it was running til 8pm. Was it hectically busy earlier on? Maybe I was wrong about the timing... Bummer!

How did it all pan out from your side Mr Meares..?
Perth need to get this happening out in the swan valley

Top day!
Fave was murray's 2ipa - how much flavour - BANG!
Least favourite was the cinomon girl amber - SPEW!

Turned out to be a pretty good afternoon. 14 kegs were emptied in an orderly fashion, with the Paddys taps getting a long over due workout. Highlight for me was watching the line form for Murrays 2IPA, closely followed by Pete Wadey lining up to buy me a 2IPA :D That was a great beer.
We were finished a little earlier than expected, but in the end I think it wrapped up at the perfect time & without incident.
On behalf of everybody at Paddys I would like to thank everybody who attended for contributing to the success of this event, looks like we will have to do it more often.

Cheers
Gerard

The place was really going off when I arrrived ,never seen so many people at Paddy's.

looked sucessful to me .

Pumpy :)

Cracker of an afternoon Gerard. Bunch of great beers and people :icon_cheers:

Having the Brewers serving the beer was a very nice touch. All of them were happy to be there and very forthcoming with detailed information about their beers.

Can't wait for the next one :)

Turned out to be a pretty good afternoon. 14 kegs were emptied in an orderly fashion, with the Paddys taps getting a long over due workout. Highlight for me was watching the line form for Murrays 2IPA, closely followed by Pete Wadey lining up to buy me a 2IPA :D That was a great beer.
We were finished a little earlier than expected, but in the end I think it wrapped up at the perfect time & without incident.
On behalf of everybody at Paddys I would like to thank everybody who attended for contributing to the success of this event, looks like we will have to do it more often.

Cheers
Gerard

He figured if he put something in your hand you might stand still for a little while. :lol:

On the train on the way home Wadey got gas-bagging with Pete Clegg, the Brewer at 4 Pines. Wadey overshot his change at Strathfield (er, it was only 2 stops away) & went all the way into Central & back out again. :lol:
Nevermind, he had a nice afternoon, catching up with some familiar faces and meeting some new ones.

I think if Matt had not called it quits he would have been going for another hr. :)

See you next time.

I wish I could have stayed longer, next on the list was the Rhubarb Ale when I had to split.
That cinnamon brew sure was interesting!

Cheers
Gerard

+1 for a regular replay of this, then there is a hope I can get to one :)

Cheerz Wabster

I regrettably did not make this yesterday for a few reasons, but I would definitely be keen if it should ever re-appear.

Came for a lunch with a (non beer head) friend, we both had a good time. Wasn't long enough for the 2IPA, but Murray's Pilsner was a real treat, also enjoyed the Happy Goblin. Will be there again if it's on, thanks for putting this together Gerard.

A great afternoon that has inspired this home brewer to get back into it! Even the kids were entertained by the soccer table and pool table out the back.

It was a pretty good turn out. The middy & schooner glass collection is looking healthy at the moment, thanks Paddy! ;)

James

Back