Milking The Cow Beer Festival In Toowoomba

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gjhansford

Reaction score
I was down at the Spotted Cow (Toowoomba) last night for dinner and a few pints and discovered they are running a beer festival over the June Long weekend. Basic details on their website:

milkingCowFestival.gif

Festival includes chats by some brewers (Stone & Wood, Murrays, Lord Nelson so far), some special brews and a home brew competition with the Grand Prize including a few days at a micro brewery making your winning brew for the Cow.

I spoke to Phil on the phone and he says' it's a limited style competition with a focus on IPAs as it's the Queen's Birthday weekend.

More detauls to come soon ... but I'm planning on being there and brewing a Meantime clone for the comp!

:icon_cheers:

ghhb

I wonder if I can push my luck and try to go to this, could even have a beer to go in the comp.
(Shhhh. Just don't tell Bribie, Pocket Beers, or Browndog its on)

I wonder if I can push my luck and try to go to this, could even have a beer to go in the comp.
This looks like a goer. I'm hoping to have my 4 degrees pale ale on tap but still waiting to hear back from the cow. Should be good.

I'm planning on being there all weekend...just haven't run it by the family yet :ph34r: .

Big Brewday weekend might be a goer for the IPA.

PB

Might just have to visit some freinds and relies that weekend. Couldn't find the entry form to download on th Luckona website.

Cheers

Looks like a trip up the range is in order.

-BD

I'm always interested if there's drinking to be done and no driving :beer: .

Looks like a crowd will be decending on chilly Toowoomba in June.

Happy to provide floor space in front of the fire for those who want to sleep rather than drink :party:

I have contacted Phil again about the brew comp rules and forms ... will post details when I get them.

ghhb

I'm extremely interested. Just not sure if I'll be working that weekend, but if not, I'll try to make it.

Bus trip sounds the goods. Sleep on the way home after a big day (or days) drinking...

Cheers

Finally, a beer event where I don't need to travel for 100s of km! :icon_cheers:

If the bus trip doesn't work out, I may be able to assist with accommodation etc, just a little unsure of my digs at this point (a long, job- related story...).

This looks like a goer. I'm hoping to have my 4 degrees pale ale on tap but still waiting to hear back from the cow. Should be good.

3 kegs of 4 Degrees Pale Ale and I will be attending!

See you there.

I've heard back from Pete from Thirsty Critters and he tells me he is in the process of setting up a tour to the Spotted Cow festival and is looking for feedback on whether people would prefer a day trip or to stay up there over night, any thoughts?

cheers

Browndog

Fortunately, after a roster change at work, I'll be able make it to this. Looking foward to putting in a session at the cow and maybe meeting some of you. Will put in an entry for the competition for laughs, the guidelines are up on the site.

INNER MONOLOGUE - "hmmm..... rellies up there - good reason not to go but a few co-horts from my old stomping ground will put me up for the night. Either that or Queens Park." /INNNER MONOLOGUE

Yep I'm in.

I've heard back from Pete from Thirsty Critters and he tells me he is in the process of setting up a tour to the Spotted Cow festival and is looking for feedback on whether people would prefer a day trip or to stay up there over night, any thoughts?

cheers

Browndog

I'd be keen for a day trip, back to the old Woomby where men are men & sheep are nervous :beerbang:

Paul

I'd be keen for a day trip, back to the old Woomby where men are men & sheep are nervous :beerbang:

Paul
The sheep are fine and safe, it's sisters, daughters, nieces, cousins that get up an hour earlier to get a head start.

"hey there girly, you sure got a purdy mouth...."

:ph34r:

Looking forward to a drive up the range - get in touch with browndog for details :)

Back