Merri Mashers Specialty IPA Comp - June 14, 2015

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No worries at all... Thanks for the info. Sending my entry off tomorrow : )

Cheers

cadeb said:
Hi Dan , Cade from HMI here. All entries are unpacked and put in a crate. upright in a nice dark spot. No room to refrigerate sorry. I put some away this week, a couple of beers in PET by any chance ?Cheers
I'm sending my entry #149 today interstate if you can keep an eye out for it.

Pratty

takai said:
Bah, my white IPA failed :( Looks like no entry for me.
We don't have many white and Belgian entires get it in anyway even just to keep the judges on their toes. How did it fail?

Burnt onto the element, so it is just a terrible burnt smokey white IPA... and not in a good peaty way either.

How are the Red IPA entries going? 'Mine' (also Cockos - split batch different yeast and dry hops, but mainly Cockos credit, I just drank and drooled on his BREW rig) fermenting away, will sample this thursday and test gravity. Wondering how many we're up against?

DJ_L3ThAL said:
How are the Red IPA entries going? 'Mine' (also Cockos - split batch different yeast and dry hops, but mainly Cockos credit, I just drank and drooled on his BREW rig) fermenting away, will sample this thursday and test gravity. Wondering how many we're up against?
I've got 1 in: dropped into brew shop today to ensure its ready.

Dropped my red in to the terminus this arvo. It's like leaving one of your kids somewhere for the first time. I was driving off thinking " I hope it's going to be alright til next week "

Total numbers are ramping up massively this week, as expected. Red is certainly one of the leading categories, along with Black. Brown is also getting a good look in which I'm a little surprised by.

Belgian and White were looking very sparse last week but have picked up a little in the last couple of days....

Hey guys I'm planning on a Saturday 13th drop off to the Terminus, it says drop off until 12noon, but they open at 12noon I thought? Is someone there earlier preparing etc and if so from what time? Cheers!

DJ_L3ThAL said:
Hey guys I'm planning on a Saturday 13th drop off to the Terminus, it says drop off until 12noon, but they open at 12noon I thought? Is someone there earlier preparing etc and if so from what time? Cheers!
This was extended until 1pm which it does say on ipacomp.com. Nobody will be there earlier

Dave

DJ_L3ThAL said:
DJ, where does it still say midday? I thought I'd updated everything to say 1pm...I must have missed something?

I updated compmaster. On this page: http://www.compmaster.com.au/page/details for me it's now saying (under "drop off dates" at the bottom of the page):

Entries can also be dropped off at the Terminus Hotel until 1pm June 13 BUT must have been pre-registered in CompMaster by midday June 6.

carniebrew said:
DJ, where does it still say midday? I thought I'd updated everything to say 1pm...I must have missed something?
Actually maybe I got that wrong or I had a cached version. Says 1pm terminus

Anyone having issues printing the compmaster labels? Style appears smudged/squished on the pdf it lets you download (entry number removed by me)
Will this cause any issues?

lllb.png

Yeah, I remember that from last time too, I think it's fine, the barcode will do the job.

Hey guys. We have a spot in our cellar set for your beers at Termi. Unrefrigerated but safe and out of the way.

Hey Dippet, what temperature is it down there? If it's what I think it is right now, there maybe no need to refrigerate/take-up any coolroom space at all.

Latest posts

Back